Are you interested to participate to a public team project using the new mql5 "Shared Projects" ? - page 3

Fernando Carreiro:

Yes, I know there are ways around it, but is not a very clean, elegant way of doing it!

Sure.

Fernando Carreiro:

However, I do see a major problem for which I don't think MetaQuotes will do anything to impose it!

A shared project, by its nature, should be considered "Open Source" and for private use only, not for commercial use. The problem, will be that there will always be some "smart alec" who will repackage it and submit it as their own product for the Market.

How will MetaQuotes handle that, or how to we impose control on that?

That is a rely nice approach Mr Fernando

Alain Verleyen:

By the way there will be soon new communication tools for team group. I don't have much more information though.

Wow that the thing I was talking about the other day a group chat for project member who work on the same project, brilliant thanks Mr Alain

Espérons que cela arrivera bientôt :-)

Fernando Carreiro:

I don't think we can implement proper AI, Deep Learning, purely in MQL5 without multi-threading. It would have to rely on external implementations of major parts, such as running as a Windows Service and then provide Inter-process communication between the two.

It may also be too big a project to handle! Maybe we should start with something smaller!

That is very true I do agree with you

Yes I am interested in participating in a public project, if the project interests me.

I have an idea, create a public project containing all the source codes from the MQL5.com/Articles  but also from the MQL5.com/CodeBase, organized in order to find quickly and easily the source code of an article discovered on MQL5.com/Articles, or from the MQL5.com/CodeBase.

Pierre Rougier:

Yes I am interested in participating in a public project, if the project interests me.

I have an idea, create a public project containing all the source codes from the MQL5.com/Articles  but also from the MQL5.com/CodeBase, organized in order to find quickly and easily the source code of an article discovered on MQL5.com/Articles, or from the MQL5.com/CodeBase.

Mr Pierre, I don't think they will do that cause its time consuming and space usage will be very high. There is already a search search bar on mql5, which can quickly search for you any article or source code from codebase.

Pierre Rougier: Yes I am interested in participating in a public project, if the project interests me. I have an idea, create a public project containing all the source codes from the MQL5.com/Articles  but also from the MQL5.com/CodeBase, organized in order to find quickly and easily the source code of an article discovered on MQL5.com/Articles, or from the MQL5.com/CodeBase.
Chris Mukengeshayi: Mr Pierre, I don't think they will do that cause its time consuming and space usage will be very high. There is already a search search bar on mql5, which can quickly search for you any article or source code from codebase.

I agree with Chris! The Articles and CodeBase are already indexed and searchable!

However, if you feel strongly about it, then nothing is stopping you from starting such a project yourself. Just create the Public project and start filling it and open it up to allow participants to help you if you wish.

My opinion:

There is definitely interest in team development of strategies and working on shared code bases. However professional developers will choose more professional platforms. As GitHub now supports MQL it is the first choice.

As long as the 'shared project' means only sharing the Metaquotes repository via Metaeditor, there is not a big advantage. I am afraid the serious projects need much more that that.

I would appreciate if there were a configurable access to a generic versioning system in Metaeditor, which is often integrated into a complex service.

Ex Ovo Omnia:

As long as the 'shared project' means only sharing the Metaquotes repository via Metaeditor, there is not a big advantage. I am afraid the serious projects need much more that that.

I would appreciate if there were a configurable access to a generic versioning system in Metaeditor, which is often integrated into a complex service.

Another point is the issue Fernando tested. As long as there is no MT4 support for it it's a dead end anyway.

Reason: