How many account can we run on the meta trade VPS. - page 2

Karunakaran Subbiah:

Hi,

I had subscribed free VPS  service for 24 HRS service for my MT4 Live Account. (AVA FX) to test

Migration was successful.

But EA icon is off in the hosting server.

I tried to down load the virtual platform from MT4  from MQL5 help.

it is a MT5 platform. the platform is not able to find my broker name.

Where i can down load the MT4 Virtual terminal to connect to my VPS  MT4 Terminal.

Please help

Karun

If you are on MQL5 VPS for MT4 or MT5 so autotrading is always ON on VPS.
So, if you want some EA to trade on VPS - attach it from the chart and make a synchronization with VPS once again (to synchronize your deattaching action on your Metatrader with VPS Metatrader).

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

How to update/adjust EAs that are hosted on a VPS?

Eleni Anna Branou, 2017.07.18 12:58

You have to make your adjustments locally in your computer's MT4 platform and then synchronize with your VPS again.

MQL5 MT4 integrated VPS doesn't give you real/visual access to the MT4 platform that your EAs are loaded on.

More - just a small thread: How to update/adjust EAs that are hosted on a VPS?

---------------

autotrading is always 'on' in VPS.
turning off - it is related to your home Metatrader, and Metatrader on VPS is having autotrading ON (always).

----------------

Yees, you can switch your PC off when ready.

----------------

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Autotrading keeps turning off

Stanislav Korotky, 2016.05.11 22:14

On the VPS hosted MT, automatic trading is always ON. The VPS hosted copy of MT keeps running even when your local copy is shutdown. 'Disabled' is related to the local copy as far as you quote local MT logs.

BTW, you can view VPS logs using context menu command "Journals" for your hosted copy of MT.

And this is from the article: How to Prepare a Trading Account for Migration to Virtual Hosting - 

Regardless of whether autotrading is allowed or forbidden in your client terminal or in the properties of a launched Expert Advisor, any trading robot is allowed to trade after being moved to the virtual terminal.

Sergey Golubev:

So, if you want some EA to trade on VPS - attach it from the chart and make a synchronization with VPS once again (to synchronize your deattaching action on your Metatrader with VPS Metatrader).

Sergey Golubev:

I migrated as said in the video,

but i received alert from my EA, saying that it is not connected to my terminal.

That's why i want to enable through virtual terminal.

Since as you said MT4 virtual terminal is not available.

I will give a try again .

My ea is executing trades, i cannot wait for a long time, if connection is failed.

Thanks a lot

Karun

I migrated as said in the video,

but i received alert from my EA, saying that it is not connected to my terminal.

That's why i want to enable through virtual terminal.

Since as you said MT4 virtual terminal is not available.

I will give a try again .

My ea is executing trades, i cannot wait for a long time, if connection is failed.

Thanks a lot

Karun

If your EA is using dll so EA will not work on VPS.
Because autotrading is always ON on VPS but using dll is always OFF

Hi, is it possible to put 3-4 "slave" accounts on one VPS. Accounts are from the same broker and the same broker's server. If yes, how? I've looking for some answer here, but i didn't find

Dominik Palmowski:
Hi, is it possible to put 3-4 "slave" accounts on one VPS. Accounts are from the same broker and the same broker's server. If yes, how? I've looking for some answer here, but i didn't find

There is the rule

one MQL5 VPS for MT4/MT5 per one trading account

Can I run different brokers on same VPS account?

antana:
Can I run different brokers on same VPS account?

One trading account per MQL5 VPS.

Reason: