Switching Accounts Turns AutoTrading Off on VPS

Ok, so I have an EA setup locally and I can sync it with my VPS and then it starts working on VPS, but when I change accounts locally it disables auto trading locally and on the VPS. I know that in the Tools --> Options --> Expert Advisors tab I can uncheck the box that says "Disable automated trading when the account has been changed", but I don't want to uncheck that locally because then it will cause the EA to start working locally when I login in to my other accounts. I'm just trying to get the EA setup on one VPS and be continuously running on that VPS without affecting any of my other local accounts or VPSs.

Any ideas on where I'm going wrong?

If you are talking about MQL5 VPS for MT4/MT5 so the autotrading is always ON there.
As to your local PC so it's up to you (you can switch it ON or keep it to be OFF).

But please note: as MQL5 VPS for MT4/MT5 is the copy of your Metatrader in cloud with autotrading always ON so - if you keep autotrading ON on same trading account - the trades may be doubled.

Sergey Golubev:
If you are talking about MQL5 VPS for MT4/MT5 so the autotrading is always ON there.
As to your local PC so it's up to you (you can switch it ON or keep it to be OFF).

But please note: as MQL5 VPS for MT4/MT5 is the copy of your Metatrader in cloud with autotrading always ON so - if you keep autotrading ON on same trading account - the trades may be doubled.

So I tried what you said and I still can't get it to work. If I have the EA setup running perfectly locally and then I click on the MT4 VPS and click "synchronize all EAs, charts, signals" I can see in the server logs that it uploads the EA and then it says in the logs after completing the synchronization "turning off auto trading" and it turns off auto trading locally which is fine, but the EA is still not executing on the server. It's supposed to be duplicating trades from a signal, but when the signal is making trades nothing is happening. Everything works fine when run locally though.

classyguy28:

Ok, so I have an EA setup locally and I can sync it with my VPS and then it starts working on VPS, but when I change accounts locally it disables auto trading locally and on the VPS. I know that in the Tools --> Options --> Expert Advisors tab I can uncheck the box that says "Disable automated trading when the account has been changed", but I don't want to uncheck that locally because then it will cause the EA to start working locally when I login in to my other accounts. I'm just trying to get the EA setup on one VPS and be continuously running on that VPS without affecting any of my other local accounts or VPSs.

Any ideas on where I'm going wrong?

I had similar problems and resorted to having only ONE forex account operating on each version of the MT terminal. That simplified things all around, especially because I had different EAs, strategies etc for different accounts....

andrew4789:

I had similar problems and resorted to having only ONE forex account operating on each version of the MT terminal. That simplified things all around, especially because I had different EAs, strategies etc for different accounts....

So what does that entail exactly? You download multiple versions of MT4 and store them separately on your hard drive? Can you give me a walk-through on what you did to get everything up and running correctly?

I have 15 or so accounts so it would be quite an endeavor to have to have that many versions of MT4 if I understand what you are saying correctly.

One VPS per account.

And to know the information about possib le issue etc - it is necessary to see VPS log in VPS journal (where to find VPS logs? look at this information: Virtual Platform Logs )

I can see in the server logs that it uploads the EA and then it says in the logs after completing the synchronization "turning off auto trading" and it turns off auto trading locally which is fine

Because the following information should be written in VPS logs:

• how many open charts with EAs attached were migrated (there are limitations by the number of open charts);
  • name of VPS server (for example, it was some issue yesterday with London 9 VPS server);
  • and more.

Because the person who is going to help/fix or any - this person should see VPS logs.
If you did not upload VPS logs to your thread so you may try to fix it by yourself for example (you know almost all the information about EA with VPS so you can check it).

Working with the Virtual Platform - Virtual Hosting for 24/7 Operation - MetaTrader 5
Working with the Virtual Platform - Virtual Hosting for 24/7 Operation - MetaTrader 5
  • www.metatrader5.com
The rented virtual server status can also be easily monitored from the trading platform. The context menu of the server in the Navigator window allows you to: Details Details CPU, RAM and Hard Disk Virtual Platform Logs In the newly opened log window, you can set a piece of text the journal entries are to be filtered by and a desired interval...

classyguy28:

So what does that entail exactly? You download multiple versions of MT4 and store them separately on your hard drive? Can you give me a walk-through on what you did to get everything up and running correctly?

I have 15 or so accounts so it would be quite an endeavor to have to have that many versions of MT4 if I understand what you are saying correctly.

All I did was set up different folders, and then on setup MT4 would ask which folder to install in. But you need to do your own due diligence to see if this would work for you....
Reason: