Download MetaTrader 5

Autotrading keeps turning off

To add comments, please log in or register
Track Market top sellers!
IdiotTrader
IdiotTrader 2016.05.11 15:56 

Hi traders,

I just started renting an EA for MT4 platform. It required the Autotrading to be active. I click this, all is good. It turns green.
Then I synchronize everything with my MQL5 VPS that I rented.

Now autotrading turns off. In the journal I see "Virtual Hosting: XXXXX automated trading disabled after migration" 
I have tested it without running any EA, but the result is the same.
Does anyone have an idea on how to fix this?

Platform: MT4
Broker: ICMarkets
VPS: MQL5 Rented

Cheers 

Stanislav Korotky
Stanislav Korotky 2016.05.11 16:35  
As soon as you start your copy of MT in VPS, your local copy of MT does automaticaly disable trading. This is done intentionally in order to prevent doubled ("mirrored") trades.
IdiotTrader
IdiotTrader 2016.05.11 16:54  
Stanislav Korotky:
As soon as you start your copy of MT in VPS, your local copy of MT does automaticaly disable trading. This is done intentionally in order to prevent doubled ("mirrored") trades.
Hm, alright. But once I close my MT4, the VPS still doesn't allow autotrading, since it wasn't set up for that.
Is there any way to bypass this problem? Except for renting a VPS elsewhere.
Daniela Bluemel
Daniela Bluemel 2016.05.11 20:18  

it IS enabled when you turn off your MT4

the message means that VPS disabled automated trading on your MT4 

IdiotTrader
IdiotTrader 2016.05.11 21:45  
Daniela Bluemel:

it IS enabled when you turn off your MT4

the message means that VPS disabled automated trading on your MT4 

Thanks for your reply.
So basically what you are saying is that the VPS disabled automated trading on my MT4, so that it doesn't doubletrade? And that the VPS automated trading will still be active after I close my MT4 (even though it says disabled)?
Stanislav Korotky
Stanislav Korotky 2016.05.11 22:14  
IdiotTrader:
Thanks for your reply.
So basically what you are saying is that the VPS disabled automated trading on my MT4, so that it doesn't doubletrade? And that the VPS automated trading will still be active after I close my MT4 (even though it says disabled)?

On the VPS hosted MT, automatic trading is always ON. The VPS hosted copy of MT keeps running even when your local copy is shutdown. 'Disabled' is related to the local copy as far as you quote local MT logs.

BTW, you can view VPS logs using context menu command "Journals" for your hosted copy of MT.

To add comments, please log in or register