Help speeding up back test

Got the EA built now but its slow

1. Indicators can not trade, only EAs.
  2. You have only four choices: We're not going to code it for you (although it could happen if you are lucky or the problem is interesting.) We are willing to help you when you post your attempt (using SRC) and the nature of your problem.
              No free help
              urgent help.

Simonjlovett:
Hi,

I'm looking for an indicator or ea that looks back at a certain amount of candles for a candle with a total pip size of less then a certain number(say 30pips)+a certain number of pips on the h&L
Example, 
Looks back 4 candles and finds 3 candles within the range of the forth candle's total size of 28pips+15pips on the H&L then places sell and buy pending orders at the 15p with a TP of say 10 pips?

ps Im new to this so if my terminology sucks thats why

You are looking for a breakout expert advisor and you have 2 options:

a. Search for it in the Market.

b. Post it as a job in Freelance.

awesome, how much doe you think it would cost on freelance. i made an add for 50usd, is that enough?

Simonjlovett: I'm looking for an indicator or ea that looks back at a certain amount of candles for a candle with a total pip size of less then a certain number(say 30pips)+a certain number of pips on the h&L
Example: Looks back 4 candles and finds 3 candles within the range of the forth candle's total size of 28pips+15pips on the H&L then places sell and buy pending orders at the 15p with a TP of say 10 pips?

The strategy you are looking for is probably the one called "Master Candle Strategy" (not really sure, as I've never used it).

There should be an EA for that in the Market (for $10), but if you search the Internet you should find a few free ones too.

So i got an EA built but it is extremely slow in back testing. like over 1 hour just to do a 3 year back test on the 4hr, the developer said it cant me made faster but wondering if you guy have any clue how to make the back test faster.

is there a way to make the code only check the price on candle close instead of every tick which is all i need?

Files:
Breakout_EA.mq4  61 kb

Simonjlovett: So i got an EA built but it is extremely slow in back testing. like over 1 hour just to do a 3 year back test on the 4hr, the developer said it cant me made faster but wondering if you guy have any clue how to make the back test faster. is there a way to make the code only check the price on candle close instead of every tick which is all i need?

Unfortunately, that EA is badly coded and very inefficient, hence why it is so slow!

• It is checking multiple indicator values on every tick instead of only on a new bar. It does not even cache any of the values.
  • It is also constantly checking the current orders on every tick, even when the price change does not justify it.
  • It also does not do proper checking of conditions such as Stop-Level, Freeze-Level, etc.
  • There are also many other structural, design and logical problems with it.

However, you can't expect a high quality EA for just $50. For high quality, professional level coding expect to pay $500 and higher and very few of the high quality coders use the Freelance section. They tend to rely on word-of-mouth instead!

Fernando Carreiro:

Unfortunately, that EA is badly coded and very inefficient, hence why it is so slow!

• It is checking multiple indicator values on every tick instead of only on a new bar. It does not even cache any of the values.
  • It is also constantly checking the current orders on every tick, even when the price change does not justify it.
  • It also does not do proper checking of conditions such as Stop-Level, Freeze-Level, etc.

However, you can't expect a high quality EA for just $50. For high quality, professional level coding expect to pay $500 and higher and very few of the high quality coders use the Freelance section. They tend to rely on word-of-mouth instead!

Is there anywhere i can read up on how to change it from every tick to only on a new bar?

Fernando Carreiro:

thank you for you response

Simonjlovett: Is there anywhere i can read up on how to change it from every tick to only on a new bar?

Yes, and no! For one you need to learn to code in MQL properly and two you need to apply good coding practices.

Since, you are not a coder (and that is the reason you hired a someone on the Freelance section), I don't believe you will have the necessary skills to make the required changes and code it correctly.

Also, on a side note, please don't just the change the original thread post and title to a completely different subject. It messes up the entire narrative of the thread, making it not make any sense any more.

Fernando Carreiro:

Yes, and no! For one you need to learn to code in MQL properly and two you need to apply good coding practices.

Since, you are not a coder (and that is the reason you hired a someone on the Freelance section), I don't believe you will have the necessary skills to make the required changes and code it correctly.

Also, on a side note, please don't just the change the original thread post and title to a completely different subject. It messes up the entire narrative of the thread, making it not make any sense any more.

yeah okay not sure what to do now then. 

okay sorry didnt think about that

Reason: