Trend Trading Strategy?

Hi,

I'm an MQL developer with 20 years programming background.

I've recently learnt MQL and built a couple of EAs with it.

I'm looking for a solid Trend Trading strategy or algorithm to create an EA using price action or indicators so that it generates like 5% a month.

Please can you advise where I can find such algorithm? any trader or book?

I can build it considering these indicators: Moving Averages, MACD, stochastic, etc

If you're a trader and have a good algorithm that you can share with me, I'd be happy to build it for you and send you a copy of the EA free of charge once it's ready and tested.

Thanks,
Will

Hello, dear William. You are looking for a trading strategy that will provide 10-20% per month. I'll tell you that such a strategy can not exist. This is not realistic. This I say on the basis of my own experience in developing experts, from my communication at congresses and forex forums. And what is real? Really, you can count on 50% per year no more. All the rest will be an gamble.

Victor Ziborov:

Hello, dear William. You are looking for a trading strategy that will provide 10-20% per month. I'll tell you that such a strategy can not exist. This is not realistic. This I say on the basis of my own experience in developing experts, from my communication at congresses and forex forums. And what is real? Really, you can count on 50% per year no more. All the rest will be an gamble.

thanks for your comment, 5% per month would be OK too; I've updated the typo. I'd suggest deleting your comment as it's diverting from the question.

Getting a monthly 5% or less is the profissionals' opinion like what the banks are doing .. This is the real career/investment.

But, what are the most beginners are dreaming by monthly 20%, 30% or  even 100% and more is a kidding! And will not remain in trading.

Mohammad Soubra:
Getting a monthly 5% or less is the profissionals' opinion like what the banks are doing .. This is the real career/investment.

But, what are the most beginners are dreaming by monthly 20%, 30% or  even 100% and more is a kidding! And will not remain in trading.

Seriously? I get around 20% a month in average.

William2050:

Good

William2050:

For the last 2 months or something or with backtests.

William2050:

if you can make 20% on average per month, I wondering why would you look for someone to explain to you a good price action strategy that will bring you 5% there is no correlation.

Plus you said you have got 20 years of experience in coding EA, this should make you very familiar with the market. Most traders who make 5% or more on this forum will try to sell signal to earn some money, unless they are satisfied with their money and free time :-)

There is a good secret I would like to share with you about this forum, "If you humble yourself and do not boast about yourself, don't show off that you know more than others, many people will have the courage to help you with all they can have".

Well if I do remember about what you are looking for, there was a thread I once came up on it regarding price action, it was shared by Mr Sergey Golubev back in 2014, if I'm not mistaken. However if I do find it I will try to send it to you or past it here.

Well I think this can help you, I couldn't find the old thread but I have find this one, check the link, perhaps it will help you.

https://www.mql5.com/en/code/7338

and feel free to share with us you future EA

Alain Verleyen:

For the last 2 months or something or with backtests.

Hi Alain,

With a year of backtests and live for 2 months or so yep.

Chris K Lazarius Mukengeshayi:

Well I think this can help you, I couldn't find the old thread but I have find this one, check the link, perhaps it will help you.

https://www.mql5.com/en/code/7338

and feel free to share with us you future EA

Hi Chris,

Thanks I'll check. I said 20 years general programming experience with other languages, EA coding recently learnt.

My current EA uses a different strategy based on market volatility, yes making 15-20% a month in average - my own invention.

My manual trading makes around 10% a month but can't automate it as it's complex.

I've just designed a trend trader EA, need to do few more weeks back testing before going live.

But I was interested in hearing ideas from other like minded traders.

I may put them here for the public later in the year.

Reason: