MetaTrader 5 Build 1700: Synthetic Instruments, Shared Projects and MQL5 Cloud Protector - page 6

Marco vd HeijdenYou was going to use it for your Renko project.

No! The Renko is for standard "Custom Symbols", not "Synthetic Instruments". You realy should learn to use MT5/MQL5 if you want to be able to comment on it!

Excuse me i was thinking they were the same thing.

I think we should call you the master of MQL5.

You are the king !

I do know MQL im just not yet familiar with these new features.

And i do not think that they will be usefull.

Traders want to make money not share their strategy or use fake symbols.

Slava: Thank you. Fixed.

I regret to inform you, but the recent build 1712 still has the problem with the symbol names as I reported in post #37.

When you said "fixed", was it in reference to build 1712 or is it in reference to a future build still to be released?

Fernando Carreiro:

I regret to inform you, but the recent build 1712 still has the problem with the symbol names as I reported in post #37.

When you said "fixed", was it in reference to build 1712 or is it in reference to a future build still to be released?

Fernando Slava said fixed after build 1712 was published. So fix will be available in next build.

Alain Verleyen: Fernando Slava said fixed after build 1712 was published. So fix will be available in next build.

Thank you!

I see that they have already announced an official build 1730 for December 21 yet some bugs have yet to be acknowledged and those that have been supposedly fixed have not been delivered for another round of beta-testing and confirmation.

I really don't understand MetaQuote's way of "professional" software development!

Fernando Carreiro:

Thank you!

I see that they have already announced an official build 1730 for December 21 yet some bugs have yet to be acknowledged and those that have been supposedly fixed have not been delivered for another round of beta-testing and confirmation.

I really don't understand MetaQuote's way of "professional" software development!

Don't say that. All will be fixed tomorrow :-)

Slava: Thank you. Fixed.
Alain Verleyen: Fernando Slava said fixed after build 1712 was published. So fix will be available in next build.

The terminal has now been updated to build 1714 and the Symbol Name bug is only partially corrected.

I no longer need to add the extra "." at the end of the symbol name but it still gives a "parser error" when using the native name (even when selected from the IntelliSense drop-down list), and the only work-around is still to to use the quotes.

Obviously the high/low problem on the historic M1 bars is still there (as was expected), given that MetaQuotes considered it only a "minor low priority bug".

Fernando Carreiro:

I no longer need to add the extra "." at the end of the symbol name but it still gives a "parser error" when using the native name (even when selected from the IntelliSense drop-down list), and the only work-around is still to to use the quotes.

Obviously the high/low problem on the historic M1 bars is still there (as was expected), given that MetaQuotes considered it only a "minor low priority bug".

This is according to documentation. Since your symbol name (EURUSD.m) does not conform to standard variable name you should embrace it into quotes.

As for the high/low issues - the way how they are going to fix it using ticks seems very expensive to me. Personally I don't use ticks and don't want to download excessive Gigs as a side-effect of some formulae.

To me, they'd better introduce special function - similar to ask(), bid() - high() and low(), for example. Actually all such formulae with difficulties can be calculated in MQL and this will not have the flaw which single formulae have - they calculated 10 times in a second.

Stanislav Korotky:

This is according to documentation. Since your symbol name (EURUSD.m) does not conform to standard variable name you should embrace it into quotes.

As for the high/low issues - the way how they are going to fix it using ticks seems very expensive to me. Personally I don't use ticks and don't want to download excessive Gigs as a side-effect of some formulae.

To me, they'd better introduce special function - similar to ask(), bid() - high() and low(), for example. Actually all such formulae with difficulties can be calculated in MQL and this will not have the flaw which single formulae have - they calculated 10 times in a second.

Thank you for the update on information. Pity that MetaQuotes themselves did not respond in more detail to my Service Desk ticket of the bugs with that information - All they said was that was: "The answers were provided in that topic."

Also I did do a small test, with "quick & dirty" code, for building USD/EUR via the normal "Custom Symbols" based on bars (and not ticks) and it was actually much faster (but more accurate) than the current "Synthetic Symbols" implementation on build 1714, even with such sloppy code from my part.

My broker has symbols like  [SP500]

How can I use these for creating synthetic instruments? It gives "unknown parse error".

Reason: