MetaTrader 5 Build 1700: Synthetic Instruments, Shared Projects and MQL5 Cloud Protector - page 5

Fernando Carreiro:

Lets see if that corrects the issue, but the issues are all probably being discussed in the russion thread.

Do they check this one as well?

Honestly I don't know, there is a lot of bugs discussed but I didn't follow the details.

Fernando Carreiro:

On a side note, I have been playing around with the "Synthetics" but am having trouble when it comes to symbols that don't fit the classical name format.

For example, when trying to create a "USD/EUR" synthetic, it will not accept the formula "1/EURUSD.m" reporting a "unknown parse error", even though the broker's symbol is in fact "EURUSD.m" and it even prompts that in the context "intelisense" pop-up.

It will however accept "1/EURUSD", but then will not be able to generate the data complaining that it cannot find the specified symbol.

I'm assuming this to be either a bug or an incorrect implementation on my part.

Can anyone else confirm this odd behavior or correct me if I'm wrong?

EDIT: I also tried using quotes ' 1/"EURUSD.m" ' which it then accepts, but still fails to acquire (because it truncates after the "."):

EDIT2: I was finally able to accomplish it by using an extra "." as follows ' 1/"EURUSD.m." ' . This is however very odd and probably an implementation bug.

Thank you.

Fixed.

Slava: Thank you. Fixed.

Thank you for the feedback!

Do you know if the other issue with regards to the incorrect calculations of the High/Low on M1 has been fixed as well or currently being looked at?

Fernando Carreiro:

Thank you for the feedback!

Do you know if the other issue with regards to the incorrect calculations of the High/Low on M1 has been fixed as well or currently being looked at?

To calculate USDEUR your formula must be 1.0/ask(EURUSD)

Slava: To calculate USDEUR your formula must be 1.0/ask(EURUSD)

That is not the root of the problem. Even when using 1.0/ask(EURUSD) the High and Low values are still incorrectly calculated in the M1 Bars. Only Open and Close values are being considered for these, which is incorrect as described in my post:

You can also see that in the screen shot I supplied, that all the High/Lows are just mirroring the Open/Close values.

Fernando Carreiro:

the High and Low values are still incorrectly calculated in the M1 Bars. Only Open and Close values are being considered for these, which is incorrect

Yes, it is problem. But not big problem.

However we will calculate M1 bars on ticks base (if appropriate ticks are present). If not present then on M1 bars base as now.

Slava:

Yes, it is problem. But not big problem.

However we will calculate M1 bars on ticks base (if appropriate ticks are present). If not present then on M1 bars base as now.

That depends on the point of view. If the trader is looking at M1 chart then it is a BIG problem, which will just compound even more when using multiple symbols in the equation.

This bug should not be considered “little” or ignored. That would be irresponsible.

Fernando Carreiro:
That depends on the point of view. If the trader is looking at M1 chart then it is a BIG problem, which will just compound even more when using multiple symbols in the equation.

This bug should not be considered “little” or ignored. That would be irresponsible.

Once more.

We will calculate M1 bars on ticks base if all the needed ticks are present. Soon.

If You consider that as big problem then You can recalculate M1 bars yourself. Now. You have all functions: CopyTicksRange, CustomTicksReplace, CustomRatesUpdate

To understand problem we should see on M1 bars calculated with different formulas. We understood. And will calculate M1 bars on ticks. But not now. Calculations must be checked first

Slava:

Once more.

We will calculate M1 bars on ticks base if all the needed ticks are present. Soon.

If You consider that as big problem then You can recalculate M1 bars yourself. Now. You have all functions: TicksCopyRange, CustomTicksReplace, CustomRatesUpdate

To understand problem we should see on M1 bars calculated with different formulas. We understood. And will calculate M1 bars on ticks. But not now. Calculations must be checked first

Understood! Personally I have no need for synthetic instruments as I have my own methods. I was just defending the point as a “beta tester” should, in the name of the users that will eventually use it. That is afterall what you want beta-testers to do, right?

You was going to use it for your Renko project.

Reason: