MT5 Volume Indicator on "Real Volumes" shows nothing on stocks symbols.

Hi!

I would like to ask why the Indicator Volume on "Real Volumes" doesn't show anything on stocks symbols.

I can't figure it out! 

What am i missing?

Thank you!

You can use 

ENUM_APPLIED_VOLUME

ID

Description

VOLUME_TICK

Tick volume

Marco vd Heijden:

You can use 

ENUM_APPLIED_VOLUME

ID

Description

VOLUME_TICK

Tick volume

Thank you for the reply.

But i would like to use VOLUME_REAL instead of VOLUME_TICK. 

I know i can't use VOLUME_REAL on FOREX but on stocks symbols i thought that i can as the following link mention https://www.metatrader5.com/en/terminal/help/indicators/volume_indicators/volumes (For the Forex market, Volumes is the indicator of the number of price changes within each period of a selected timeframe. For stock symbols this is an indicator of actually traded volumes (contracts, money, units, etc.).

md42:

Thank you for the reply.

But i would like to use VOLUME_REAL instead of VOLUME_TICK. 

I know i can't use VOLUME_REAL on FOREX but on stocks symbols i thought that i can as the following link mention https://www.metatrader5.com/en/terminal/help/indicators/volume_indicators/volumes (For the Forex market, Volumes is the indicator of the number of price changes within each period of a selected timeframe. For stock symbols this is an indicator of actually traded volumes (contracts, money, units, etc.).

What broker ? What stocks ? What are you doing/trying ? Maybe a screenshot will be more useful than words.

Alain Verleyen:

What broker ? What stocks ? What are you doing/trying ? Maybe a screenshot will be more useful than words.

Thank you for the reply. 

I use XM broker demo account.  I use CFDs stock (so probably the mistake is there, sorry to bother you for nothing) .  I would like to find a broker that has stocks just to take the real volume information from him.

Any suggestion i will really appreciated. 

Best regards.  

I would like to add that the most famous brokers don't support real stock trading only CFDs.  So i would like to ask where can i use the Volume Indicator on "real volume" ?

Thank you!

md42:

I would like to add that the most famous brokers don't support real stock trading only CFDs.  So i would like to ask where can i use the Volume Indicator on "real volume" ?

Thank you!

Try a Futures broker like AMP Global Clearing, or some broker of the Moscow Stock Exchange, DCGX, PMEX, etc.   Regards.

Jose Francisco Casado Fernandez:
Try a Futures broker like AMP Global Clearing, or some broker of the Moscow Stock Exchange, DCGX, PMEX, etc.   Regards.

Thank you for the reply!

But i still don't find any broker without CFDs stocks. In fact i am interested more in real volume than the actual stock.
As i said above CFD stock is nice to make trades but i would like to take information about real volume on real stock rather than CFD tick volume. 

Regards.

md42:

Thank you for the reply!

But i still don't find any broker without CFDs stocks. In fact i am interested more in real volume than the actual stock.
As i said above CFD stock is nice to make trades but i would like to take information about real volume on real stock rather than CFD tick volume. 

Regards.

In the markets and brokers that I mentioned to you, Stocks and Futures are traded, not CFDs, therefore you have real volume of those assets.  Regards.

md42: But i still don't find any broker without CFDs stocks. In fact i am interested more in real volume than the actual stock. As i said above CFD stock is nice to make trades but i would like to take information about real volume on real stock rather than CFD tick volume.

CFDs (Contract for Difference) is a derived asset that mirrors the price of the underlying stock on which it is based. You don't actually trade the stock itself; only the difference between the opening and closing prices of the order, hence the name. For this reason you will never have real volume on CFDs. You will only see real volume if you trade actual stock with a broker that offers that, but there are fewer brokers offering real stock instead of the CFD derivatives. So you will have to search "deeper" to find those MT5 brokers (not MT4).

md42:

Thank you for the reply!

Regards.

If you would say what stocks maybe you could have more precise answer. MT5 allows to trade a lot of stocks, but it's not that easy to open an account.

Don't think getting real volumes for  stocks is so easy, it's paid data or only available if you have a real account.

Reason: