To Moderators and Admin: Problem with SPAM in Private Messages - page 4

Fernando Carreiro:

Just received the following response from the Service Desk:

Great news Fernando, nice to hear that something is going the right way!

Eleni Anna Branou: Great news Fernando, nice to hear that something is going the right way!
Their response was to generic. I will believe it when I see it, but until then, I'm not holding my breath!

Fernando Carreiro:
Their response was to generic. I will believe it when I see it, but until then, I'm not holding my breath!

From my personal experience with the Service Desk, I can say that they move slow and they need a bit of pressure in order to do something, but they finally do it.

Eleni Anna Branou: From my personal experience with the Service Desk, I can say that they move slow and they need a bit of pressure in order to do something, but they finally do it.

Since, I first registered, I have had a total of 9 tickets placed, of which to date only 3 are closed. Of the remaining 6, only 2 ever got answered, but not resolved. The rest has had no answer at all and some are almost a year old!

Not a very good track-record or incentive to continue to use and trust the Sevice Desk!

Fernando Carreiro:

Since, I first registered, I have had a total of 9 tickets placed, of which to date only 3 are closed. Of the remaining 6, only 2 ever got answered, but not resolved. The rest has had no answer at all and some are almost a year old!

Not a very good track-record or incentive to continue to use and trust the Sevice Desk!

I suspect that your tickets are more technical and mind-consuming, since mine are easier to deal with, like "strange" signals and their behaviour.

So, that must be the reason for the different feedback in our experiences from the Service Desk.

Eleni Anna Branou: I suspect that your tickets are more technical and mind-consuming, since mine are easier to deal with, like "strange" signals and their behaviour. So, that must be the reason for the different feedback in our experiences from the Service Desk.

No matter how "technical", the Service Desk is presumably more than qualified to be able to answer and resolve issues, because they have the entire development team behind them.

Having tickets open, without a single reply, for almost a year is totally unacceptable, and I know of users who have open tickets for much longer than that.

Some of the tickets were for reporting bugs, that were confirmed here on the forum and that are still not fixed. This type of attitude I simply do not understand!

EDIT: I will not "rant" anymore, since it will have no effect and just make me "grumpy"! So, not worth worrying about it!

Hope it will work. I receive as well several request for selling me some EA Spam.

Thanks for it.

cheers

SPAM messages in PM have been deleted, and the situation is under control. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Alexander Knyazev: SPAM messages in PM have been deleted, and the situation is under control. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

How is it under control?

What preventive measures have been introduced or what improvements have been made in order to help handle such situations in the future?

Fernando Carreiro:

How is it under control?

What preventive measures have been introduced or what improvements have been made in order to help handle such situations in the future?

We cannot disclose the details for obvious reasons, but in general now it is much harder to post those annoying messages.
Reason: