Indicators: Consecutive Candles with Stochastic Filter Indicator

Consecutive Candles with Stochastic Filter Indicator:

Shows when two or three consecutive bull or bear candles of a certain size print after qualifying the stochastic level of the initial candle in the series.

The indicator identifies consecutive High candles and consecutive Low candles. The first candle must have an (x) pip long adjustable body for the first condition to be met, the candle must also be below or equal to the 20 stochastic level for consecutive High candles or above or equal to the 80 stochastic level for consecutive Low candles. You can set your own stochastic levels.

If the above conditions are met, then the indicator looks at candle 2. Candle 2 must also have an (x) pip long adjustable body for the condition to be met, however, it is not dependent on the stochastic levels. If conditions for candle two are met then the indicator will send an alert just after candle 1 closes and place an arrow on the chart.

Trend Mode

Author: John Davis

Hi John,

I tried to use your "Consecutive Candles with Stochastic Filter Indicator - indicator for MetaTrader 4" in MT4 and got the following error in the journal:

Code Base: failed connect to server - c.mql5.com [443]

Can you suggest a fix please.

Regards,

David

UPDATE:

All fixed, I sorted the problem by removing all references to mql5.com in the source

davidolo:

Hi John,

I tried to use your "Consecutive Candles with Stochastic Filter Indicator - indicator for MetaTrader 4" in MT4 and got the following error in the journal:

Code Base: failed connect to server - c.mql5.com [443]

Can you suggest a fix please.

Regards,

David

UPDATE:

All fixed, I sorted the problem by removing all references to mql5.com in the source

Looks like you figured out a fix before I even saw the issue, thanks for posting. Looking at the code it appears that the mql5.com reference was merely HTTP links to my profile page.

I can't see that causing a problem unless there were some server issues at the time, I don't even think it needs to follow the links to run the program so removing them should cause no issue.

Hello John

Happy new Year 2018, I found your Indicator during the Christmas Holidays, I was intrigued, as I use Stochastic in my trading, the manner in which I use the Stochastic is similar manner to your indicator.

I have downloaded and run it in parallel with my stand alone Stochastic, and noticed the following:

1) It does not include a 50 line, so, I added one, but I cannot set the colour and line style different to the 20 & 80, the changes are reflected across the 3 lines, it would be useful to be able to set individual parameters.

2) No mater what settings I chose, I cannot replicate displays, I can only see the dotted line "CornflowerBlue dotted line.  The DodgerBlue line is not visible.

3) I cannot find the setting to change the Stochastic display between "Trend" and Range "Trading Mode"

Can you please tell me how to effect the changes.

Regards

Michael Giles

llamedos2:

Hello John

Happy new Year 2018, I found your Indicator during the Christmas Holidays, I was intrigued, as I use Stochastic in my trading, the manner in which I use the Stochastic is similar manner to your indicator.

I have downloaded and run it in parallel with my stand alone Stochastic, and noticed the following:

1) It does not include a 50 line, so, I added one, but I cannot set the colour and line style different to the 20 & 80, the changes are reflected across the 3 lines, it would be useful to be able to set individual parameters.

2) No mater what settings I chose, I cannot replicate displays, I can only see the dotted line "CornflowerBlue dotted line.  The DodgerBlue line is not visible.

3) I cannot find the setting to change the Stochastic display between "Trend" and Range "Trading Mode"

Can you please tell me how to effect the changes.

Regards

Michael Giles

Uploading a new version.

/* Changelog

2-4-19 Added 50% line to indicator box

- Ignored changing the indicator lines individually since mql does not have a built-in language convention to create this change would require too much additional research and effort.

Fixed error with the DodgerBlue lines not showing, the problem was due to using DodgerBlue instead of clrDodgerBlue in the code to indicate color, should be fixed now. 

*/

Also, you can choose between Trend and Range with the very first selector.

Files:
CCwSF.mq4  16 kb