Meta tester 5 agents manager

Hello guys 

I have installed the Meta tester 2 days ago, but i haven't got any task/jobs yet? 

The program is running, and my 5 agents are connected to Cloud. 

In the tab "agents" i can only se 2 of my 5 agents. Non of them have done any jobs, just like the program says. 

The program is running on a dedicated server at Hetzner for 12 hours pr. day, when i don't need the capacity. 

Its an Intel I7 processor 8 core 2.4 Ghz. Can that have anything to say? 

it seams a bit odd that i havn't got any jobs yet?  

Have you tried anything like this? 

Jesper Jørgensen:
Hello guys 

I have installed the Meta tester 2 days ago, but i haven't got any task/jobs yet? 

In the tab "agents" i can only se 2 of my 5 agents. Non of them have done any jobs, just like the program says. 

The program is running on a dedicated server at Hetzner for 12 hours pr. day, when i don't need the capacity. 

1. What is the average PR Rating?
    1. If it is below 100, it will not get much attention!
  2. Is it a VPS of physical machine?
    1. If it is a VPS, it will get lower rating and therefore less jobs (if at all).
    2. If it is a Physical machine, is Hyper-V service installed?
      1. If Hyper-V is installed it will cause the Agents to run under "private" ip address than will cause it not to work properly.

Fernando Carreiro:
  1. What is the average PR Rating?
    1. If it is below 100, it will not get much attention!
  2. Is it a VPS of physical machine?
    1. If it is a VPS, it will get lower rating and therefore less jobs (if at all).
    2. If it is a Physical machine, is Hyper-V service installed?
      1. If Hyper-V is installed it will cause the Agents to run under "private" ip address than will cause it not to work properly.

1: Agent 1: 80PR  Agent 2: 107PR  

Im not sure i undertand what you mean by VPS? 

It's a dedicated server from Hetzner. I have acces through SSH and Remote Desktop (like Team view)  I have fully acces to install programs and do what i want. 

I did't know that PR had an effect? I throught that the cloud made a lot of agents work together, to make a faster system and analyse?

Jesper Jørgensen:

1: Agent 1: 80PR  Agent 2: 107PR  

Im not sure i undertand what you mean by VPS? 

It's a dedicated server from Hetzner. I have acces through SSH and Remote Desktop (like Team view)  I have fully acces to install programs and do what i want. 

I did't know that PR had an effect? I throught that the cloud made a lot of agents work together, to make a faster system and analyse?

If i7 machine is giving you a PR of 80-100, then there is no way that it is a physical machine and is most probably a VPS or a shared machine (or it has very slow hard drives and slow RAM).

My Intel Core i7-4790T @ 2.70GHz, 16GB gives me an average PR of 150, and my Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 8GB has an average PR of 86.

Only the i7 gets some jobs, but not too many, while the Core2 does not get any jobs at all because the PR is below 100.

Fernando Carreiro:

If i7 machine is giving you a PR of 80-100, then there is no way that it is a physical machine and is most probably a VPS or a shared machine (or it has very slow hard drives and slow RAM).

My Intel Core i7-4790T @ 2.70GHz, 16GB gives me an average PR of 150, and my Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 8GB has an average PR of 86.

Only the i7 gets some jobs, but not too many, while the Core2 does not get any jobs at all because the PR is below 100.

Its not an shared machine. Its an Dedicated server in a data center.  It's only me who have acces to this server. 

Intel Core i7-3770

2x HDD 3,0 TB SATA Enterprise

2x RAM 8192 MB DDR3

Damn, than i can't expect to get any job at all :( 
But why is the PR not the same?  All cores shout be the same "force"? 

I would be nice, if i could see the agents online, and not only the 2 of them :S 

Jesper Jørgensen:

Its not an shared machine. Its an Dedicated server in a data center.  It's only me who have acces to this server. 

Intel Core i7-3770

2x HDD 3,0 TB SATA Enterprise

2x RAM 8192 MB DDR3

Damn, than i can't expect to get any job at all :( 

But why is the PR not the same?  All cores shout be the same "force"? 

I would be nice, if i could see the agents online, and not only the 2 of them :S 

The PR will not be the same for all cores if you have one of busy with other work-loads.

However, given the PR you gave for the hardware you just described, I cannot in any good way consider that it is unshared! It is either very slow drives and slow RAM, or it is very badly configure and CPU is being wasted on poorly configured settings.

Even my very old Core2 (more than 8 years) can equal those PR results! My machine is my daily work machine, and yet it still gives me a PR of 150.

So, something is definitely wrong with your "dedicated" machine if it only gives such low PR values.

As for the number of agents, my Core 2 gives me 4 agents, and my i7 gives 8 (but I restricted it to 4).

Fernando Carreiro:

The PR will not be the same for all cores if you have one of busy with other work-loads.

However, given the PR you gave for the hardware you just described, I cannot in any good way consider that it is unshared! It is either very slow drives and slow RAM, or it is very badly configure and CPU is being wasted on poorly configured settings.

Even my very old Core2 (more than 8 years) can equal those PR results! My machine is my daily work machine, and yet it still gives me a PR of 150.

So, something is definitely wrong with your "dedicated" machine if it only gives such low PR values.

As for the number of agents, my Core 2 gives me 4 agents, and my i7 gives 8 (but I restricted it to 4).

Now i have 3 agents online. And PR says 144 average now.  A bit wierd, but okay.   I got 200 passes today. Et means 2 min of work. That is not much, but better than nothing. 
I will wait and see for some days, if it will be better :) 

My dedicated server is an older one. But it does pretty well what i need it for.  And i only pay 36 Euro pr. month. 

Jesper Jørgensen:

And i only pay 36 Euro pr. month. 

That is almost 4 times the amount that i pay.

Have you done any research about peoples experiences with the agents?

Also, are you aware that virtual machines are not supported?

Jesper Jørgensen:
Hello guys 

If your goal is to earn money with agents, you will lose your time and money.

If you have a computer that you are using anyway for other tasks, then you can (maybe) get some money back.

Reason: