Newbie to metatrader 4 and dealing in general

Hi

I am new to this and have just downloaded and installed metatrader 4. I have set up a demo account but I cant seem to place any trades, also when ever I open a new chart i would like it to open in my settings how do i make this the default. Is there anywhere I can get some help with these problems.

Thanks

To set current charts settings as default you need to go to "Charts->Template->Save Template..." and save it as default.tpl.

Next chart that you open will have the same colors and indicators as the one that you had open when creating default.tpl.

Regards, Luke

Luke_ca:

To set current charts settings as default you need to go to "Charts->Template->Save Template..." and save it as default.tpl.

Next chart that you open will have the same colors and indicators as the one that you had open when creating default.tpl.

Regards, Luke

Thanks Luke, any idea how to alter/delete a pending order? the help file says you have to do it through the "trade tab" but nowhere does it say where the trade tab is.

Regards Steve

4467:
Thanks Luke, any idea how to alter/delete a pending order? the help file says you have to do it through the "trade tab" but nowhere does it say where the trade tab is.

Open the trade tab, right click on an trade.

Reason: