An idea for a always running MetaTrader

I don't know if someone published a similar idea (here or anywhere), but I have one about a solution to we have a  MetaTrader always running, i.e., a 365/24/7 online platform for Forex or any other market it is enabled.

So, I hope sharing this idea we can study a way to make it reality, and maybe propose it to MQ team.

Well, the concept is very simple, it would be great have online market data always running, for all sorts of purposes, mainly full time testing and debug of strategies, setups and EAs.

So I imagine a simple way to do that: MQ create a virtual data server with a big data market delay of 72 hours, working just for demonstration accounts, since, of course, we don't intend to change all the market to open at weekends :-)

I think the effort is less than what was done to create several other new features of MT5 and even new MT4, and this can improve the time we all spend to discover and solve several problems.

I know some of you will not believe this will exists one day (for any reason), anyway you are welcome to a brainstorming about.

figurelli:

I don't know if someone published a similar idea (here or anywhere), but I have one about a solution to we have a  MetaTrader always running, i.e., a 365/24/7 online platform for Forex or any other market it is enabled.

So, I hope sharing this idea we can study a way to make it reality, and maybe propose it to MQ team.

Well, the concept is very simple, it would be great have online market data always running, for all sorts of purposes, mainly full time testing and debug of strategies, setups and EAs.

So I imagine a simple way to do that: MQ create a virtual data server with a big data market delay of 72 hours, working just for demonstration accounts, since, of course, we don't intend to change all the market to open at weekends :-)

I think the effort is less than what was done to create several other new features of MT5 and even new MT4, and this can improve the time we all spend to discovery and solve several problems.

I know some of you will not believe this will possibly one day (for any reason), anyway you are welcome to a brainstorming about.

Good idea! Could possibly be implemented by any broker willing. 

It would probably be too much work develop something that runs local I guess... So I won't allow my imagination to get carried away with a local tick re-player server with 2x/5x/10x time, fast-forward and rewind functions :)

There are other trading platforms that have this feature, usually called "market replay". The idea is interesting.

Malacarne:
There are other trading platforms that have this feature, usually called "market replay". The idea is interesting.

Malacarne, thanks, great contribution, you are right, there are several platforms with similar resources, and this is more one reason to MT5 have something similar.

But, to be honest, I don't know if "replay" is a good word, since we can have any kind of ticks always coming in this new feature.

I think this simple way can be based on 72 hours replay, but I would like to have several other kinds of test data, even randomic or any other created by a user's formula, for instance. 

Anyway, despite the fact that I prefer a more generic function, i.e., "always on" instead of "replay", if we start with a "market replay" server (MetaQuotes-Demo-Market-Replay) that can evolve to an "always on" server (MetaQuotes-Demo-Always-On), this is good enough for me, since today we don't have any kind of real time ticks to test the EAs at weekends (just backtesting data, of course).

Malacarne:
Ya that's right, I seem to recall some demo accounts data being 5 minutes or 1 hour in arrears. As Fig said, should be not that much development to set it up for MQ, but it would cost them at least a little bit in bandwidth and other resources though... 

What platform does an MT4/5 server normally run on?

bendex77:

Good idea! Could possibly be implemented by any broker willing

Thanks, indeed, very good, any broker could start this idea with something similar to a "market replay" server, as pointed by Malacarne.

figurelli:

Thanks, indeed, very good, any broker could start this idea with something similar to a "market replay" server, as pointed by Malacarne.

You are discussing 2 different ideas. A continuous server which provides ticks without interruption, on 1 way or an other. The ticks come from the server, Metaquotes could probably do that without great difficulties.

The other idea is the market replay as stated by Malacarne. Here the ticks have to be stored locally and MT5 Terminal have to be adapted.

Both ideas are interesting, but they have to be implemented by Metaquotes, this is not something that we can do as users.

angevoyageur:

You are discussing 2 different ideas. A continuous server which provides ticks without interruption, on 1 way or an other. The ticks come from the server, Metaquotes could probably do that without great difficulties.

The other idea is the market replay as stated by Malacarne. Here the ticks have to be stored locally and MT5 Terminal have to be adapted.

Both ideas are interesting, but they have to be implemented by Metaquotes, this is not something that we can do as users.

For me, any solution for MT5 that enable developers receive any kind of ticks 365/7/24 for testing/debug purposes is welcome, and this is the main idea of this topic.

Anyway, we are not discussing, we are dreaming together!

bendex77:
What platform does an MT4/5 server normally run on?
I'm not sure about what you want to know about, or what this information can help us here, anyway take a look here https://www.metatrader5.com/en/brokers for a better understanding about the platform architecture.
MetaTrader 5 Trading Platform - Best Forex Brokers Choice
MetaTrader 5 Trading Platform - Best Forex Brokers Choice
  • www.metatrader5.com
Do you want to start a online brokerage business and become a Forex Broker or Stock Broker? The MetaTrader 5 trading platform is the best solution for you! With MetaTrader 5 you can run your brokerage firm in various financial markets including Forex and Stocks.

figurelli:
I'm not sure about what you want to know about, or what this information can help us here, anyway take a look here https://www.metatrader5.com/en/brokers for a better understanding about the platform architecture.
ty. It is a stand alone platform of course.
Reason: