An idea for a always running MetaTrader - page 3

I suppose it would be possible for someone to set up a server (Unless it's being done through cloud a machine will have to stay on if Metatrader is to stay on), after the server is set up other people can connect to the server, or better yet they can connect and become a server themselves allowing for other people to connect to them ect.

MetaNt:
I suppose it would be possible for someone to set up a server (Unless it's being done through cloud a machine will have to stay on if Metatrader is to stay on), after the server is set up other people can connect to the server, or better yet they can connect and become a server themselves allowing for other people to connect to them ect.
I think the idea is to minimize necessary development by utilizing the existing MT server software and simply replaying some ticks over the weekend. I don' understand your idea about "becoming a server" after we connect.... If we could "become a server" then we wouldn't need to connect to anything externally at all.

MetaNt:
Just a broker that bought the MT5 Server can do this, since this is not an open and free software.

For all interested in this topic, if you are not yet aware of this, the debugger can now be run on historical data with MT5.

This is still in beta test and is available starting with build 1114 available on Metaquotes-Demo server.

It works already very well, that's amazing !

Reason: