Replaying past tick data

Hi, how can I replay past tick data from a specific date? For example, I wish to trade for a few hours the ticks that occurred on a particular day in real time (with the option of accelerating / rewinding if I so choose) which would allow me to "order" trades and modify / close positions just as I could live, manually and via an EA. This would be for strategy practise, but also EA development.

The closest I can think of is the visualization from the trading strategy, but that doesn't allow me to interact with it as such.

The only solution I could think of is to download the trade data, and to somehow use a "virtual" broker as a plugin maybe which replays the data. Or would it have to be a local server which serves the tick data?

eddy2slow:

Hi, how can I replay past tick data from a specific date? For example, I wish to trade for a few hours the ticks that occurred on a particular day in real time (with the option of accelerating / rewinding if I so choose) which would allow me to "order" trades and modify / close positions just as I could live, manually and via an EA. This would be for strategy practise, but also EA development.

The closest I can think of is the visualization from the trading strategy, but that doesn't allow me to interact with it as such.

The only solution I could think of is to download the trade data, and to somehow use a "virtual" broker as a plugin maybe which replays the data. Or would it have to be a local server which serves the tick data?

You cannot in MT5 with real tick data only the synthetic ticks manufatured from the M1 data,  there may be a manual trading tool EA in the marketplace . . .

In MT4 you can use real ticks using 3rd party tools and 3rd party manual trading EAs which you run in the Strategy Tester.

You cannot go backwards in either Startegy Tester . . .  there is another tester tool that allows you to go backwards, search google for it.
Reason: