Signals - Basic Question

When I am on the MQL5 website and go into Signals, and then sort them by the number of Subscribers, I get three different signals at the top, with 461, 423 and 334 subscribers.

When I go into MetaTrader and sort the signals by Subscribers, I get 3 signals at the top with 644, 87 and 70 subscribers.

I was just wondering how the signal service works.   Originally, I thought they were all provided through MetaTrader/MQL5, and as such I expected the signals on the website to be the same as those in MetaTrader.

Thanks

Mark

Mark100:

When I am on the MQL5 website and go into Signals, and then sort them by the number of Subscribers, I get three different signals at the top, with 461, 423 and 334 subscribers.

When I go into MetaTrader and sort the signals by Subscribers, I get 3 signals at the top with 644, 87 and 70 subscribers.

I was just wondering how the signal service works.   Originally, I thought they were all provided through MetaTrader/MQL5, and as such I expected the signals on the website to be the same as those in MetaTrader.

Thanks

Mark

There is a different sorting method in MQL5.com website and in MT terminal.

MQL5.com website presents more signals, that are not available in MT signal database due to their lower rating.

Here is an example of a signal that is shown in MQL5.com signal database, but not in MT terminal:

Signals on Metatrader's tab are sorted for you based on the rating and compatibility with your broker's account.

There are some posts I collected:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

New to fx...how to subscribe to a signal on mt4 demo?

Sergey Golubev, 2017.02.15 17:16

And according to the signals in signal tab...  so they (signals in Metatrader) are sorted accodring to the rating, and they are placed to your tab based on the compatibility with your broker/s account.

So, if you do not see your desirable signal to subscribe (or if you do not have the signal tab at all) - ask the broker (do they support the signals or not), and if yes so use Signal webpage here to subscribe. 

Signal

Sergey Golubev, 2017.02.21 12:14

Concerning to the signals in signal tab?
Signals in Metatrader are sorted according to the following criteria:

• rating, and
  • the compatibility with your broker's account.

Signal

Eleni Anna Branou, 2017.02.21 14:31

The signal's showcase in MQL5.com website shows only real account signals, even if you use the search by name, author, broker function (in filter), it will give you only real account results.

If you search by name in the general search of MQL5.com website (on the top right corner) you will find demo signals too, but these are not present in the general signal's showcase. 

If you try the signal's tab in the terminal window of your metaquotes platform, you will only get real account signals if you've got a real trading account and only demo signals if you are trading with a demo account

Way to find signal in MT4 platform?

Sergey Golubev, 2017.02.23 12:49

You can use search on the top right corner of any page of the forum for example.

-------------------

As to finding the signal (any signal) by name in the Metatrader so you can use Metatrader's search feature as well, for example:

MT4 - 

MT5 - 

-------------------

Eleni Anna Branou:

There is a different sorting method in MQL5.com website and in MT terminal.

MQL5.com website presents more signals, that are not available in MT signal database due to their lower rating.

Here is an example of a signal that is shown in MQL5.com signal database, but not in MT terminal:

Thanks for the feedback.

Sergey Golubev:

Signals on Metatrader's tab are sorted for you based on the rating and compatibility with your broker's account.

There are some posts I collected:

Thanks Sergey

Reason: