Strategy Tester: Should allow option to change spreads

• 67% (67)
  • 16% (16)
  • 17% (17)
Total voters: 100

I believe the m1-highest spread limit within the strategy tester is un-neccessarly limiting.

Why not give an option to ignore the largest_spread in favor of letting people set their own average spread?

I'm performing a multi-currency analysis and I believer this limit is hurting my efforts.

mt4 isn't an option for the above case. 

I always thought that the spread is recorded in the history? I mean it changes in every minute bar.

I'm wrong??? 

doshur: I always thought that the spread is recorded in the history? I mean it changes in every minute bar. I'm wrong??? 

Yea ... but its the highest spreads for that entire minute.

In reality, the spreads would fluctuate during the life of the minute bar. 

For example: I limit my ea to trade only when the spread is less-than or equal 1 || 2.

Allot of symbols cannot place trades || rarely places trades. Pairs like GBPJPY and EURCHF.

However with mt5 demo, these same symbols fires trades more often then the Strategy-Tester.

Also, my actual broker have much smaller spreads than even the mt5 demo account

Ubzen:

I believe the m1-highest spread limit within the strategy tester is un-neccessarly limiting.

Why not give an option to ignore the largest_spread in favor of letting people set their own average spread?

I'm performing a multi-currency analysis and I believer this limit is hurting my efforts.

mt4 isn't an option for the above case. 

Do you mean an option in the Strategy Tester like with MT4 ? But in this case the spread will be fixed during all your test. Isn't worst than the current solution ?

angevoyageur: Do you mean an option in the Strategy Tester like with MT4 ? But in this case the spread will be fixed during all your test. Isn't worst than the current solution ?

Yes like mt4. The current solution is much worse. If I had a choice between this and mt4 setup, I'd choose the mt4 setup.

My experiences have brought me to the world-view that the Average_of_Something says more than the maximum in cases like these.

However, what I'm asking for is an Option, I'm not asking that it gets replaced, tho should I have-to choose 1, I'd choose the later.

Ubzen:

Yea ... but its the highest spreads for that entire minute.

In reality, the spreads would fluctuate during the life of the minute bar. 

For example: I limit my ea to trade only when the spread is less-than or equal 1 || 2.

Allot of symbols cannot place trades || rarely places trades. Pairs like GBPJPY and EURCHF.

However with mt5 demo, these same symbols fires trades more often then the Strategy-Tester.

Also, my actual broker have much smaller spreads than even the mt5 demo account

can i know the reason for doing so, limiting the spread?

doshur: can i know the reason for doing so, limiting the spread?

What...!!!

The spread is your actual cost ... the house edge ... the most evil thing in Forex.

Who trades without taking into account the spreads?

Ubzen:

What...!!!

The spread is your actual cost ... the house edge ... the most evil thing in Forex.

will u miss signal if you do this?

Ubzen:

What...!!!

In my opinion, spreads are a big problem just for scalpers.

For the rest of traders, spreads are not relevant today if you have a good strategy and a fair broker.

though I have seen EA having a input to stop trades if spread is higher than x pips,

I'm thinking if the spread is higher and signal is now, you just skip it? 

Reason: