I bought the CALM signal, and ran it for a month on a Metatrader real money trading account.
Despite being in place all month, the signal opened no trades for me. Why would a signal loaded in place lead to no trades being opened for a whole month?
I have checked the trading history for the CALM signal and it shows a large number of trades (during the month to 5 July in which I ran the signal), so there should have been trades on my account.
You can check all the steps related to the subscription - may be - something was missing:
Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies
How to Subscribe to a MT4 Signal (new instructions, after 1065 version upgrade)
Eleni Anna Branou, 2017.04.10 10:02
Below are step by step instructions, of how to subscribe to a MΤ4 signal:
1. Register a MQL5 account: https://www.mql5.com/en/auth_register
2. Open your MT4 platform and go to Menu >> Tools >> Optios and click on the Community tab. There you put your Login and Password of your MQL5 account and click OK.
3. Go to the search area of your MT4 platform, on the upper right corner (where the magnifying glass is), type in the name of the signal you want to subscribe and click Enter.
4. You will see lower, in the Terminal Window of your MT4 platform, the results of your search. Click on the name of the signal you want to subscribe.
5. Click on the green Subscribe for $$ USD button on the right side of your MT4's Terminal Window.
6. Select the payment method and complete payment for your subscription.
7. In the Options >> Signals window that opens, tick the following options:
8. In the Use no more than: ...... of your deposit (95% maximum) field below, put the percentage of your capital, you want to participate in signal's copying.
9. In the Stop if equity is less than: ...... field, put the amount of your capital, you want to preserve, or leave it empty.
10. In the Deviation/Slippage field, select an option and click OK in the Options window to close it.
11. Now you have completed the subscription process and the only thing you need is a VPS (Virtual Hosting) in order to copy the signal 24/7 without having your MT4 platform open all day long.
12. Go to your account details in the Navigator window of your MT4 platform, right click in your account number or name and select the option Register a Virtual Server.
13. In the Virtual Hosting Wizard window that opens, the VPS with the lower Ping, ms value is presented automatically.
14. Select your payment plan for 1, 3, 6 or 12 months and click Next.
15. Tick the: I agree to the virtual hosting service rules and the auto renewal option below (if you want) and click Next.
16. Complete your payment for the VPS Service.
17. In the next window, tick the Migrate signal: account and settings option, click End and you are done.
You should ask the signal provider, but a better look in its open trades will give you the answer though.
Thanks for this
I didn't rent a Virtual Server, but I did log in to my terminal account for about 50% of the day on average. Is it possible that all open trades happened when I wasn't logged on?
You have to rent a VPS in order to copy the signal correctly and avod power and internet outages.
try checking your account on your broker whether EA is enable or not, some broker has account that can't use EA
Thanks for the replies
Something else may (also) be a problem: At the top bar of Metatrader is a button called "AutoTrading". It is currently set to red. If I click on it, the button stays depressed and shows green. Do I need to click on this to allow for a signal to trade?
No, the Auto Trading button is only for enabling EA trading and has nothing to do with signal copying.