Desktop connectivity issues

I have been trying to connect my demo account through my broker. I have tried three brokers, & none of them allow me to log in on MT4 with my info! I can on my mobile & web terminal just fine but the I can't get this thing to do this on my desktop version! I checked to make sure I had the updated software & everything. I don't want to download "broker terminals", as I want to directly connect via MT4 only, not a plug in or anything. Anyone can help? This is my error: 

2020.11.16 14:32:37.687 Network 'xxxxxxx': authorization on OANDA-Japan MT5 Demo failed (Invalid account)

& my password was entered correctly. I also made sure my MT4 was the latest software. I have gone through 3 brokers so far so this is definitely MT4s issue.

Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
  • www.mql5.com
, then each symbol positions will be closed in the same order, in which they are opened, starting with the oldest one. In case of an attempt to close positions in a different order, the trader will receive an appropriate error. There are several types of accounts that can be opened on a trade server. The type of account on which an MQL5 program...

When you created the demo account you received the account number and password. Create a new one.

William Roeder:
When you created the demo account you received the account number and password. Create a new one.

I did, the it did it, & it didn't work. Nothing on both. I'm logged in via web terminal, but I get that error when I try to use MT4 software on my desktop. 

Maybe you're trying to connect mt4 on MT5 server ?

2020.11.16 14:32:37.687 Network 'xxxxxxx': authorization on OANDA-Japan MT5 Demo failed (Invalid account)

& my password was entered correctly. I also made sure my MT4 was the latest software. I have gone through 3 brokers so far so this is definitely MT4s issue.

When I downloaded mt4, mt5 software was installed. Not sure how to connect to the mt4 server or anything like that.

remcous:

Maybe you're trying to connect mt4 on MT5 server ?

sssmalls:

When I downloaded mt4, mt5 software was installed. Not sure how to connect to the mt4 server or anything like that.

Download MT4 from the broker.

Keith Watford:

Download MT4 from the broker.

Thanks

Reason: