again: Signals service - lot calcuation

I read all threads related to the lot calculation in the signal service. Still, can't figure it out.

Example from a real signal I tested (NightScalper):

signal account size 10271 RUR 

subscriber account size 4037 USD (= 140361 RUR)

use of erquity 95%

signal provider leverage 1:500

subscriber leverage 1:100

trade signal lot size 0.04

subscriber lot size 140361 / 10271 * 0,04 * 100 / 500 * 0,95 = 0,1 

So why is the size of the copied signal in that test only 0.01 lots?? 

I did not calculate any lot size sorry ... but just some posts which may help i hope :

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Metatrader 4 Signal Lot Size not copied?

newdigital, 2013.08.14 07:40

And there is some changes related to lot size/volume made in one of the build of Metatrader:

===========

Signals: Changed the algorithm for calculation of the copied deal's volume in case a Signal Source and a Subscriber have different leverages:

Current algorithm: A deal volume is changed in direct ratio to the correlation of a Signal Source's leverage with a Subscriber's one. It means that if a Signal Source having a leverage of 1:100 opens a deal of 1 lot, a Subscriber having a leverage of 1:500 will open a deal of 5 lots in case of 100% copying and a deposit matching by size and currency. A subscriber having a leverage of 1:10 will open a deal of 0.1 lots in similar conditions.

New algorithm: If subscriber's leverage exceeds the one of the Signal Source, it does not affect a volume of a copied deal. Otherwise, the deal volume is changed in direct ratio to the correlation of a Signal Source's leverage with a Subscriber's one. 
It means that if a Signal Source having a leverage of 1:100 opens a deal of 1 lot, a Subscriber having a leverage of 1:500 will open a deal of 1 lot in case of 100% copying and a deposit matching by size and currency. A subscriber having a leverage of 1:10 will open a deal of 0.1 lots in similar conditions

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Metatrader 4 Signal Lot Size not copied?

newdigital, 2013.08.14 07:40

And the main page for subscribers to understand about which lot size they will have when subscribe - this one https://www.metatrader5.com/en/terminal/help/signals/signal_subscriber (started from the words "Copying Trading Operations, Volume Calculation"). Same in Russian https://www.metatrader5.com/ru/terminal/help/signals/signal_subscriber (if someone prefer russian more than english for example). 

Just for information.  

and this link with the examples

and lot size is also related to the accounts (standard, or mini, or whatever brokers are naming them)

TopSignal:

I read all threads related to the lot calculation in the signal service. Still, can't figure it out.

Example from a real signal I tested (NightScalper):

signal account size 10271 RUR 

subscriber account size 4037 USD (= 140361 RUR)

use of erquity 95%

signal provider leverage 1:500

subscriber leverage 1:100

trade signal lot size 0.04

subscriber lot size 140361 / 10271 * 0,04 * 100 / 500 * 0,95 = 0,1 

So why is the size of the copied signal in that test only 0.01 lots?? 

Hi,

Ratio = (140361/10271) * 0.95 / 5 = 259.64%, rounded to 250%. So your calculation is right (if your input value are good).

Can you please check that ? and post your log, see Journal tab where ratio is printed.

I checked the log in the journal tab for the test example above:

"'xxxxxxxxxx': Signal - percentage for volume conversion selected according to the ratio of balances and leverages, new value 7%"

Doesn't make sense to me.

I still think that based on the calculation the subsriber lots should be 0.1 and not 0.01. 

TopSignal:

I checked the log in the journal tab for the test example above:

"'xxxxxxxxxx': Signal - percentage for volume conversion selected according to the ratio of balances and leverages, new value 7%"

Doesn't make sense to me.

I still think that based on the calculation the subsriber lots should be 0.1 and not 0.01. 

I agree. Can you please report this to ServiceDesk ? Only them can help you.

I contacted the ServiceDesk. I case someone wants to know the solution here is their answer:

Support Team 2014.02.14 13:17

It seems that you don't have USDRUR currency pair on your account (or any other pair that can be used to convert Dollars to Rubles). In this case the terminal has nothing to do but consider those currencies equivalent.

Thus instead of 140361 / 10271 you have 4037 / 10271

TopSignal:

I contacted the ServiceDesk. I case someone wants to know the solution here is their answer:

Support Team 2014.02.14 13:17

It seems that you don't have USDRUR currency pair on your account (or any other pair that can be used to convert Dollars to Rubles). In this case the terminal has nothing to do but consider those currencies equivalent.

Thus instead of 140361 / 10271 you have 4037 / 10271

Thank you to inform us.

i have found this handy tool by some one on mql5 community,,,very accurate and helpful,,thanks to that bro
Files:

sthkazmi721:
i have found this handy tool by some one on mql5 community,,,very accurate and helpful,,thanks to that bro

Thanks mate, glad you find it useful. The full article on how to calculate lot sizes and how to use the tool can be found here. I'll soon be releasing the free calculator as an MT4/5 panel to make it even easier.

Cheers
Stu
(Filter)

Reason: