3 Little Pigs trading strategy - page 2

I am still Long AUDUSD (14050) and Short USDCAD (9915) from last week - Both in the money trades now, trailing 10 pips above/below MA.

This week I have been Long GBPUSD (Stopped out) and am Long again (16076) - I am also Long USDJPY (8239).

I thought this would be boring, using the 4 hour timeframe for entry as its my first time using such a high timeframe but its more exciting than i thought it would be and actually preferring it more than being glued to 5 or 15 minute charts for hours at a time - "looking for (forcing myself into) trades".

You are welcome and yes I am actually enjoying it much more than screen watching, especially with a hundred other things to do before you know what!

Loads of action (in on all pairs right now) to report

I am still Long AUDUSD (14050) from 4-Dec, woo hoo!

Short EURGBP (8068) from this morning, not looking great.

Long EURJPY (10710) and EURUSD (13002) from yesterday at the same time, nice move so far!

I am still Long GBPUSD (16076) from Monday, nice move again so far!

I am still Short USDCAD (9915) from 5-Dec, woo hoo!

Short USDCHF (9298) from this morning, heading the right way.

Still Long USDJPY (8239) from this morning, heading the right way too.

So, in on all 8 pairs right now, even though 7 of them are positive I am glad I reduced my risk per trade to 1% from 2% as I am not sure I would like to be 16% at risk in the market.

Until later!

Update from me.

I am still Long AUDUSD (14050) from 4-Dec.

Stopped out of EURGBP waiting for a new signal.

Still Long EURJPY (10710) and EURUSD (13002) from day before yesterday.

I am still Long GBPUSD (16076) from Monday.

I am still Short USDCAD (9915) from 5-Dec.

Short USDCHF (9298) from yesterday.

Still Long USDJPY (8239) from yesterday.

So, in on 7 out of 8 pairs right now and every trade is in positive territory - Touch wood!

And ... No one else looking at this? Lonely here, was expecting a little more participation

It seems so - Its a pity - I think it looks like I will be better off elsewhere in the new year - for some company

Blaiserboy:
It takes time to get a following and posting charts is one way to attract people

Will I will try and post a chart or two now and again, however on the basis its a free system I assumed people would just look at their own charts as its all in the manual.

Intend to update on my open trades later today.

I have been informed that it is OK to post a link to the strategy so in anticipation of some participation here it is - Free Stuff | Forex Useful

Blaiserboy:
I had a look, thanks for posting... I think that to get participation you are going to have to mark up some charts every day and gradually attract a following. I have a couple blogs that I post to and participation there is non existent. So I know what you are experiencing.... The actual benefit to posting is for you, I am not so sure that others will see the value of commenting. Just my opinion. Many people in a forum such as this are looking for the holy grail, a system that pays big dollars and requires no effort whatsoever... or they want the magic indicator that shows the way to the pot of gold. They lose interest very quickly once they discover that the holy grail isn't quite perfect.

Ha - Quite funny. I thank you for all your comments which confirm to me that to get participation I do believe I need to change forum although I suspect that your final paragraph is true of many other forums too.

Here is my update - I am not opening any new trades now this year.

Long AUDUSD (10450) from 4-Dec, Stop at 10516.

Long EURJPY (10710) from 11-Dec, Stop at 10839

Long EURUSD (13002) from 11-Dec, Stop at 13038.

Long GBPUSD (16076) from 10-Dec, Stop at 16112.

Short USDCHF (9298) from 12-Dec, Stop at 9277.

Long USDJPY (8239) from 10-Dec, Stop at 8300.

AUDUSD still open from 2 weeks ago and 5 positions are still open from last week so I cannot provide proper stats on closed positions from those weeks yet but based on all my current stops I would be +1.20% and +11.31% for my first 2 weeks using this system. As and when they close out I will report each weeks percentage returns. Suffice to say with 12.51% at 1% risk per trade over 2 weeks I am much more than happy, have I been lucky?

Here you go - My best trade since I started.

Files:
Reason: