[Archive!] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass it by. Couldn't go anywhere without you - 2. - page 299

I already wrote you that it gives 5 characters, but by default it shows only 4, and for you it's 0. Add

DoubleToStr(MarketInfo(Symbol (),MODE_POINT),5)

Buy orders may only be opened at Ask price.

Roger:

I already wrote you that it shows 5 characters, but by default it shows only 4, and for you it's 0. Add

DoubleToStr(MarketInfo(Symbol (),MODE_POINT),5)

Buy orders can only be opened at Ask price.

:-))) Yes, indeed... :-))) Then the one I recommended to the comrade - for him it's a dark forest altogether... :-)))

Hi all. I need to draw 20 lines in the indicator. What if MQl allows to declare only 8 buffers in parameters?

#property indicator_buffers 2
#property indicator_color1 Blue
#property indicator_color2 Red

What if I have 20 lines?

Dear programmers and profiteers, I have a question about alerts. I'm just beginning to understand it. I have already learned how to attach an alert to an indicator, but I have not yet understood how to attach an alert to two different indices. I will explain how I can: I have two indicators on the chart, one draws one line and has two buffers and the other draws two lines and also two buffers, so I need to cross eg a blue line from one indicator and eg a red line from another indicator, an alert will be sent both sound and in the window. I tried to combine two indicators in one and to attach the alert there, but I got the constant buffer error. I thought I should make a script that would give alerts by names of lines, but lines can only be used horizontally. I do not care about indicator readings, the main thing is crossover as it is a sign to look more carefully to the market. For me it's a good indicator of the market, but I don't know how to do it. I DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO IT PRACTICALLY.

ksyusha-Z:
Dear programmers and profiteers, I have a question about alerts. I'm just beginning to understand it. I have already learned how to attach an alert to an indicator, but I have not yet understood how to attach the alert to two different indices. I will explain how I can: I have two indicators on the chart, one draws one line and has two buffers and the other draws two lines and also two buffers, so I need to cross eg a blue line from one indicator and eg a red line from another indicator, an alert will be sent both sound and in the window. I tried to combine two indicators in one and to attach the alert there, but I got the constant buffer error. I thought I should make a script that would give alerts by names of lines, but lines can only be used horizontally. I do not care about indicator readings, the main thing is crossover as it is a sign to look more carefully to the market. For me it's a good indicator of the market, but I don't know how to do it. I NEED YOUR HELP, PLEASE.

Hi. The function of both indicators is to put their values into global variables and then you can use any indicator to alert the market.

LexAlex:

Hi. Output the values of both indicators to global variables. and then write the condition for triggering the alert from either indicator.

Thanks, but I have written, I am a beginner. If it's not too difficult, where and what should I put, create a new indicator or change variables in an already existing one.

ksyusha-Z:
I have learned how to attach an alert to a turkey, but how to attach an alert to two different turkeys

have you read these articles?

https://www.mql5.com/ru/articles/1448

https://www.mql5.com/ru/articles/1371

Thanks for the tip, I will certainly read it and try to figure it out. But I prefer to do it in practice, searching for similar indicators with alerts, looking at their codes and trying to use them in my own ones. I've been studying them for a long time now and will try to use them. I will write about the results later. Thanks again.

e.g. value:

x of 1st indicator

y of 2nd indicator

You need to make the x variable a global variable to compare it between the two indicators

GlobalVariableSet("global variable name",x);

We have made x a global variable, now in the second indicator pull it out to compare it to y

if (GlobalVariableGet("global variable name")>=y){

Alert("happiness");}

Read about global variables in the help, this point is well and understandably described there.

LexAlex:

Hi. Output the values of both indicators to global variables.

I figured out where to output the global variables, and their values are taken from the Data window?
Reason: