CALLING ALL PROGRAMMERS: is it possible to create fake trade history in Metatrader?

Hi guys,

I have a trader friend that sends me his live trade executions each day that are downloaded directly from his Metatrader account history function. His results seem too good to be true, and since he is an expert programmer I'm wondering if he is doing something illegitimate.

For all you programmers and expert code writers, is it possible to write a script for metatrader4 that alters your live account trade history, or creates a completely fake one, or filters the trade history download so that you only download the history containing winning and small losing trades?

If so, is there any way to detect if any of this has been done? i.e. is there any fool-proof method to know if the trade history I'm seeing coming from a live metatrader4 platform is 100% accurate AND complete without it being tampered with in any way???

Thanks a lot guys...

MetaTrader statements could be faked. The HTML file offers no protection to tampering, both manually by hand and automatically by software. Basically it's just an editable document, nothing more.

The fool-proof method to verify the statement is by asking for the investor login/password to the MetaTrader account and check the trade history through MetaTrader client terminal by yourself. If I were you, I would also make sure the account is a real-money one, not a demo.

trader4x:
For all you programmers and expert code writers, is it possible to write a script for metatrader4 that alters your live account trade history, or creates a completely fake one, or filters the trade history download so that you only download the history containing winning and small losing trades?

Yes, its relatively simple as the statement is just an HTML file, and many vendor and signals services filter out the losers.

oilfxpro:
This answer suits a vendor .

But it's the truth

Its always amusing when vendors incorrectly sum up the transactions and you catch them out !

Metatrader provides a perfectly good solution to verifying performance, and anyone who wont share an investor login is hiding something.

Reason: