Can a demo version of an expert lie?

Hello,
I'm currently looking for a profitable expert advisor and I came up with one which costs $700. It has a demo version for back-testing. Back-testing results are amazing, but now I have a doubt. I want to know is there any possibility that the demo version can generate fake trades in back-tests? can it use the full history of charts (not live data) to only trade if it's profitable?

P.S: I've looked for reviews or comments but there is no reviews in the expert page.

K rb:

Hello,
I'm currently looking for a profitable expert advisor and I came up with one which costs $700. It has a demo version for back-testing. Back-testing results are amazing, but now I have a doubt. I want to know is there any possibility that the demo version can generate fake trades in back-tests? can it use the full history of charts (not live data) to only trade if it's profitable?

P.S: I've looked for reviews or comments but there is no reviews in the expert page.

yes back tests can be rigged..... 

but even without a test being rigged, an EA can easily be curve fitted to give ideal results over a given historical period and such results will never be achievable in real trading going forward.

There are many reasons to be wary of back test results... do a little research on here and you will discover some of them.

A good test result is never a guarantee for any future performance.  

K rb:

Hello,

Is it a scalping method?

Flavio Jarabeck:
Is it a scalping method?
Yes it is.
Reason: