Is there a way to simulate live market with all values etc?

Hi there!
I have a EA that checks if a candle from a indicator has been 100% positive (So every tick), before he does something. 
Is there any way to simulate this situation so i can test the best settings?
I already tried the strategy tester with extra downloaded data and 100% quality in the report but it doesnt work.

Do you guys have a idea?

Thank you!

Timiswild:

Hi there!
I have a EA that checks if a candle from a indicator has been 100% positive (So every tick), before he does something. 
Is there any way to simulate this situation so i can test the best settings?
I already tried the strategy tester with extra downloaded data and 100% quality in the report but it doesnt work.

Do you guys have a idea?

Thank you!

Hello  . Did not quite get what the EA does i think .

Do you mean it receives a signal for a candle from an indicator and then it checks the outcome ?

How were you checking the outcome if i may ask ? 

1. based on the close of the candle (the next one hopefully) (meaning buy signal + bullish candle = 100%)
  2. based on custom sl tp from the open of the candle and onwards 

Lorentzos Roussos #:

Hello  . Did not quite get what the EA does i think .

Do you mean it receives a signal for a candle from an indicator and then it checks the outcome ?

How were you checking the outcome if i may ask ? 

1. based on the close of the candle (the next one hopefully) (meaning buy signal + bullish candle = 100%)
  2. based on custom sl tp from the open of the candle and onwards 

Hi!

Sorry for my bad explaining.

So the EA checks the value of the MacD indicator every tick. And only if all values from a candle in a for example 5 minute gap have been positive then it opens a position.

And thats my problem, cause strategy doesnt seem to simulate this situation. Do you have a idea?

Thank you!

Timiswild #:

Hi!

Sorry for my bad explaining.

So the EA checks the value of the MacD indicator every tick. And only if all values from a candle in a for example 5 minute gap have been positive then it opens a position.

And thats my problem, cause strategy doesnt seem to simulate this situation. Do you have a idea?

Thank you!

I see , so even if one tick comes that is not positive it rejects the position at the end of the candle ?

Timiswild #: Hi! Sorry for my bad explaining. So the EA checks the value of the MacD indicator every tick. And only if all values from a candle in a for example 5 minute gap have been positive then it opens a position.

And thats my problem, cause strategy doesnt seem to simulate this situation. Do you have a idea? Thank you!

Yes, the MT4 Strategy Tester can simulate that exactly, provided you test on every tick and with real tick data using 3rd party tools (e.g TickStory or Tick Data Suite).

This I can guarantee from my own experience and not hearsay. Obviously, your EA must be properly coded to do that.

Reason: