Trend Catching System - perfect... - page 3

rugasantos:
Very good system...starting today with it in demo account...let's see what happen!

That is very good... Hope you will share your experience with us later on.

Hi

this seems to be a neat a pretty straight forward indicator to use. however, I´m not able to open the zip file "trendcatchingsystem". should´nt it be opened with winzip? I get the message that it´s not a valid archive file. any other ways to extract it?

thanks for you upload

cheer

Parre

Bossxero,

Can you post the files in your zip folder individually? For some reason when I open the zip file in your post I just see a single file which is not MT4 accessible..

Can you post each file that is in the folder for us downloaded-challlenged?

Thanks

Theo

Hi Bossxero!

Thanks for sharing your system! Could you please tell me if the BBands indicator repaints or disappear at all or if you have to wait for confirmation of the BBand dot on the closed bar and then enter on the 2nd bar? Or, can you enter immediately at the appearance of the 1st BBand dot without having to wait for the candle to close? TIA! :-)

I can't wait to try your system out when the markets open on Sunday. :-)

THERE IS NO TREND!

TREND IS A CONCEPT AND EXISTS ONLY IN THE MIND OF THE TRADER.

Price can be up for the year, down for the quarter, up for the month, down for the week, up for the day, down for the hour - WHAT IS THE TREND?

THE ILLUSION OF CONTROL

"Individuals appear hard-wired to over attribute success to skill, and to underestimate the role of chance, when both are in fact present."

[Langer, E. J., The Illusion of Control, Journal of Personality and

Social Psychology 32 (2), 311-328 (1975)]

FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT

"After a full cycle of rise and fall after which stocks were valued just where they were at the start, all his clients lost money (Don Guyon, 1909).

Many academic works suggest that most managers under perform "buy-and-hold" strategy; persistence of winners is very rare, etc.

Most funds consistently fail to over perform random strategies (dart throwing)."

OVER-OPTIMIZATION

Rats beat humans in simple games

People makes STORIES!

"Normal people have an "interpreter" in their left brain that takes all the random, contradictory details of whatever they are doing or remembering at the moment, and smoothes everything in one coherent story. If there are details that do not fit, they are edited out or revised!"

(T. Grandin and C. Johnson, Animals in translation (Scribner,

New York, 2005)

Choose Your Advice Carefully

Since your mind is your most valuable asset and your most valuable lever, you need to be careful what you put in it. Sometimes it is even more difficult to get rid of thoughts and ideas that are already in your mind than it is to learn something new - Pg 119 WHY WE WANT YOU TO BE RICH

"Unless you experience the unpleasant symptoms of being wrong, your brain will never revise its models. Before your neurons can succeed, they must repeatedly fail. There are no shortcuts for this painstaking process." (Page 54) HOW WE DECIDE

Remember what H. Rearden said:

Now, 2 patterns of market behaviour happen on a regular basis:

1) the price breaks to new high's (or low's)

2) the price reverses from new high's (or low's)

If price is NOT making a new low then it must be reversing from the low.

DO NOT BE FOOLED OR ELSE THE RAT WILL BEAT YOU!

oilfxpro:
Can u make EA to email to us , everytime trend signal is generated?

That's simple to do.

therumpledone:
That's simple to do.

Could you pls add an alert to the the BBands indicator? TIA!

bnbb2004:
Could you pls add an alert to the the BBands indicator? TIA!

Hi:

Please read post #28 in this thread.

therumpledone:
Hi:Please read post #28 in this thread.

TRO, I have read #28, but I don't understand what that has to do with an email alert. Sorry...

bnbb2004:
TRO, I have read #28, but I don't understand what that has to do with an email alert. Sorry...

It has to do with not wasting your time and money on something that doesn't work.

I was trying to save you from yourself. But if you insist, then the next time I am programming, I'll see about adding an alert to the code. I am not making any promises.

In case someone else wants to do it, here's the code needed:

extern bool   Send.Mail      = true ;

extern bool Sound.Alert = true ;

datetime Trigger ;

bool AlertLong, AlertShort ;

if ( Trigger != Time[0] )
{
if( Sound.Alert )
{
if( AlertLong) { Trigger = Time[0] ; Alert(symbol," ", " Long " + DoubleToStr(Close[0] ,digits)); }
if( AlertShort ) { Trigger = Time[0] ; Alert(symbol," ", " Short "+ DoubleToStr(Close[0] ,digits)); }
}

if( Send.Mail )
{
if( AlertLong) { Trigger = Time[0] ; SendMail(symbol, " Long "); }
if( AlertShort ) { Trigger = Time[0] ; SendMail(symbol, " Short "); }
}
}

Reason: