Name of System: Trend Catching System (I do not know its name)
Timeframe: H1 and over
Pair: Any trending pair, GBPJPY preferred
This is very simple trading system that anyone can easily master after a little practice on a demo account for some time. The system has a high accuracy rate and TP can be hit most of the time. This system aims at catching the pips when a trend is in the play. The indicators will help you spot these cool periods. Here is a screenshot of the system.
How to setup your charts
1. Download the BBANDS indicator from the bottom of this post and place it in your experts/indicator folder
2. Download the template and place in in the metatrader/templates folder
3. Apply the template on your chart.
Since the system uses a lot of moving averages, placing them manually can detailing them here can be confusing, so using the template provided here is the best solution. You can always study the setup from your charts directly and investigate into the moving averages and their individidual values. The setup is using 10 moving averages in all.
When to BUY
1. When the BBANDS indicator turns BLUE
2. When the Blue moving averages cross and go upwards. The two thick blue moving averages need to be some distance from each other and not stuck together. This indicator that there is momentum in the UP move.
3. When the Blue Moving averages are above the WHITE CHANNEL
4. When the MACD histogram is ABOVE the ZERO line and also ABOVE the RED line.
These are the steps that you need to follow closely to identify a BUY setup. If you stick to these rules, you will end up with green pips most of the times. The major problem occurs when you try to burn one of the rules.
The Takeprofit and Stoploss is at your own discretion. These values depends on the charts on which you are working on. For example on the H1 chart, you should aim at a lower TP( e.g 60pips) and on the H4, you can aim at a higher TP(e.g 100pips+)
Refer to the screenshot above for the buy trading rules.
When to SELL
You open a SELL position exactly when the opposite of the Buy setup occurs which are as follows:
1. When the BBANDS indicator turns RED
2. When the Blue moving averages cross and go downwards. The two thick blue moving averages need to be some distance from each other and not stuck together. This indicator that there is momentum in the DOWN move.
3. When the Blue Moving averages are below the WHITE CHANNEL
4. When the MACD histogram is BELOW the ZERO line and also BELOW the RED line.
Refer to the screenshot above in order to get a clear idea on the SELL signal generated by this system. The same rules for the Takeprofit and Stoploss levels apply to the sell as well.
When not to trade
1. You should not be taking any trades when all these rules have not been met.
2. You should not be trading when the Blue moving averages are stuck to one another, this shows that the market is ranging and this system will not make money in ranging markets.
When to CLOSE your trade
Your trades should be closed automatically if you have takeprofit and stoploss in place. However, if you are available to monitor your trades, you can wait for an opposite signal to occur then you close your trade to open the opposite one. This make you catch more pips than in a fixed takeprofit setup. Trailing Stop can also be good, however it should not be too tight as you will be out of the good trades too soon.
This system is a neat little system with clear straightforward rules. If you follow them closely, I do not see any reason why you will not end up with a climbing equity curve. However, you will need a few weeks of practice in order to understand how the system acts and reacts to the market changes and get acquainted to it. I hope that you will have a good and enjoyable experience with this trading system. Wishing you lots of luck in your trading. Also, would like to hear from you and benefit from your experience.
hi thanks for sharing...may I put your system in my site ?
Sure you can... It is always good to be helping others... You might want to place a link to the forum thread as well
thanks a lot
Use the THANKS button :P
Professional presentation !
I'm off to test it on the demo. Coming back with feedback.
Thank you very much. i really appreciate that man
How long are you testing it?
What about periods of ranges, how does it handles them? Do you have a filter, like a Regression Channel or something similar?