Candlestick Pattern Recognition Indicator for Metatrader 4 - page 8

the file goes in the "experts" root directory correct? because I put it in there and it does not see it. expert advisor is enabled.

@Hpar,

The file should go under /expert/indicator.

hello as it is an indicator should be placed in were your mt4 platform is installed

mine is

C:\Program Files (x86)\Ava MetaTrader\experts\indicators

you have to find yours...

to find is easy. locate your forex provider in your desktop, click left to select on top of the shortcut

then, its selected click rigth, appears a menu and select properties, you will see were thw program is installed.

1.opy the MQ4 file into C:\program files\\Experts\Indicators

2.Double click the mq4 file which will bring up metaeditor.

3.On the top tool bar of metaeditor, click the Compile button.

4.Make sure you get an Ok in the "errors" window.

5.The indicator will be available in the Custom Indicators section of MT4

Read more: How to add indicators on metaeditor MT4

Thanks you Bossxero for posting the indicator..

Hi all.. i went through the entire conversation here.. is this indicator supported? i mean is there any page where i can find the definition of the different candlestick patterns? i saw that someone already asked but noone replied..?? what is the difference between the different hammers and shooting stars 2, 3, 4??

thanks a lot for your reply!

thanks man. its so great indi

bossxero:
Hi All, For everyone who like to use candlestick analysis for their trading, this little indicator show itself to be very handy little tool in your indicator collection. It automatically scans the charts, no matter on which timeframe you put it on and it will show you exactly where there are specific candlestick pattern formations such as the Shooting Star, Evening Star, Evening Doji Star, Dark Cloud Pattern, Bearish Engulfing Pattern etc... The indicator is very easy to interpret by the user, it shows some abbreviated letters above or below the pattern and you can interpret these abbreviation through a legend which is found on the top left corner of your chart.
The settings of the indicator is pretty straight-forward. It allows you to turn alert On(true) or Off(false). When Alert is set to TRUE, each time the indicator finds a new pattern, it will sound an alarm. As with any indicator, you cannot use these signals for themselves alone, you can add it with other indicators, for example trend indicators and mixed together, you can come up with a good trading system. Candlesticks are pretty accurate though and if you develop yourself into this, it might prove to be a worthwhile investment.

Thanks a lot ! It is very useful.

May profit & prosper be with you...

this is great. im still paper trading though, but tried this on H1 chart and i was able to racked up some pips. i just have question about the SS (Shooting Star) and HMR (bullish hammer), as they are numbered 2,3,4. does the number imply something like a reliability or priority measure of sort?

awsome indicator thank you so much

Reason: