How to use candlestick type as signal for EA?

Hi, 

May be this question is probably asked already. I have done google search but can't find proper answer. 

I'm new to writing EA but not for programming in general. While I try to generate an EA, I can only see a set of indicators as signal generators. I want to use candlestick types like hammer, engulf, shooting star (etc.,) as signal generator. Can someone tell me how to do this?

Thanks in advance. 

Bhoopalan: Can someone tell me how to do this?
Get the OHLC. See if that matches your types (e.g. hammer = body < 35% total & upper wick < 5% total)

Bhoopalan :

Hi, 

May be this question is probably asked already. I have done google search but can't find proper answer. 

I'm new to writing EA but not for programming in general. While I try to generate an EA, I can only see a set of indicators as signal generators. I want to use candlestick types like hammer, engulf, shooting star (etc.,) as signal generator. Can someone tell me how to do this?

Thanks in advance. 

If you want to use the MQL5 Wizard to generate such an adviser, then you need to write your own custom indicator.

Thank you both of you. 

William Roeder:
Get the OHLC. See if that matches your types (e.g. hammer = body < 35% total & upper wick < 5% total)

Hi William, 

I'm sorry but I didn't understand exactly how to use OHLC. However, I digged little deeper and was able to resolve my issue. Thanks again. 

Vladimir Karputov:

If you want to use the MQL5 Wizard to generate such an adviser, then you need to write your own custom indicator.

figured that out. Did that only. Started everything from scratch and with the help of already created EAs. Now I partially accomplished what I wanted. Thanks. 
Reason: