The London Open - page 102

I've been looking at MT4 CCI alerting add-on's. Tried one which appears not to work.

Could be rather handy as don't have as many screens as I should.

Anyone find one that works?

TIA.

Everything is above pivots so look for retrcaements b4 a push higher.

Sorry report is short but rushed this am.

D

Dear pipsters,

It offical - I love Dow Jones Esq. Tonight, I was lucky enough to be sat in front of my PC and watched a perfect set up form. Who managed to get on board the Dow Jones train leaving the Platform at 8604 and arrived home at 9077 for a gain of +473 pips........My best ever single trade. I even had a small s/l at 8580.

Things have just taken off - pips everywhere; I just grabbed Mr Jones, but there were pips on cable, eu, u/j, ftse, dax - there were just here in handfuls.

Pimp - I hope you still had your couple of orders still open - I think it was long e/u and long u/j. An early bit of festive cheer.

Off for a small glass of something nice.....

Dowger Rockie

Morning all

Sorry will respond to indiviual messages today. Apologies for delay.

Big retracements are on and what a pullback in GBP. When u r that far below the S3 pivots the pullbacks were going to be aggressive.

I am not sure how long this move will last for but any cross with the 60min 20ma and 50ma will see heavy selling back into play in the next week or so. Be aware of this as the GBP down move is probably not over as rate cuts are expected to be cut to around th 2% level, if not below.

Yes the US cut 0.5% but that was expected and thats why the DOW didnt respond as well as thought.

USDJPY could have a play up. Be aware of daily 20ma. EURUSD and CABLE shoudl remain bit but need retracements first.

Gold is in a triangle sowait for break and OIL will remian bid so buy on dips.

Enjoy

D

Finally got a Brent crude trade in today; after missing earlier entries for a variety of reasons....that early one Dan, was a beauty and it went and went.....moving on.

Brent Crude this evening 6275 - 4cci trigger and bounce off MA's 63cci towards -100 and closed at 6233 +42 pips. Rationale for close price action; missed the low of 22, and managed to close on the way back up.

Note to self must start learning to use ALL the charts not just 5m. Find myself not maximising trading potential by looking too short term. Must have greater faith.

Short Sighted Rockie

Morning all

Sorry struggling for time today...Will be discussing the live analysis in our chat room.

Cheers

D

Hi all

Not a bad morning in the live chat...

167 pips this london open, making a total of 784 pips this week. Remember this is only for the morning sessions. The US market has been very profitable this week with perfect breakout plays.

Short GOLD @ Average 730.00 - Banked at 723.50, 725.0, 725.5 (Average 53.5 Pips)

Short CABLE @ 1.6158 - Banked at 1.6115 (43 Pips)

Short CABLE @ 1.6190 - Banked at 1.6176, 1.6165, 1.6130 (Average 33 Pips)

Short DOW @ 9075 - Banked at 9065 & 9050 (Average 37.5 Pips)

Dan

Nice one Dan;

Great show today. Loved it. Glad some in the room took the Brent Crude trade on the trigger. I managed an entry at 6175. Held for over 45mins before any action. Finally closed because I was losing the will to live for +55 pips but the trade finally went for +100 pips. Got on the Gold train ride, well held for those that took it up through the retracement, a nice test of nerve! Closed for +65 pips and my final trade was Dow (thanks Monkey) +28 short. Total before 830am was +148 pips. Did not take jpy, cable or e/u trades as I was maxed out in Gold and Brent. I think I need a bigger pot. A good week though closing out with 889 pips. Still not made a 1000 pips yet. Maybe one day, but not this week. Way ahead of my target so I am very happy.

Cheers Le Pimp, Monkey and Kung Fu. Keep em safe Gorilla.

Take That Rockie

Dan, Rockie

You guys are awesome, your pip totals are awesome, the Live Room sounds like the place to be.

I can't wait to be back and joining in the action. This time out is so hard, but it has also given me time to reflect and really study the strategy and find a comfort zone that I think will suit me when I'm back.

Thanks for all your posts - I read them all and then look at my charts to see what you've been up to. Oooh Rockie, that Mr Dow Jones trade...

RS

PS If I'm norti can I get sent to Dan's room?

PPS Please.

What do all girls dream of? mmmm, an FXMonkeyTrader.

Dan007:
The 4hr 20ma is key here and 1 of my golden rules is always to trade with this. If my candles are below the 4hr 20ma then stay short, likewise if above then look for long trades.

That's a pretty good piece of advice if you're a fan of plotting moving averages. Likewise, your penchant for utilizing the 60min chart as your primary working template. I share your liking for those views, especially via the currency pairs.

Anyway, Hi folks....just found this little corner of the net & your thread.

Some very sound principles & commentary playing out, which is cool'

I've pm'd you Dan for details of your trade room. I'd surely like to look in & make your (& others) acquaintance if there's a spare seat

I primarily trade the (spot) majors at the Frankfurt/London open for a couple hrs on an intraday ticket & maybe the odd juicy opportunity which plays out on the London-NY overlap into the London fix as appropriate.

I don't really run too heavy a bias on the longer range stuff these days, maybe a Euro or Jap position off key Daily extremes if a real plump cherry sets up.

Enjoy the remainder of the w/end!

Hawk.

Reason: