The London Open - page 60

rollingstone:
I managed to jump into 3 nice trades today using 15m and 60m charts. First thing this morning (6.45am) I traded eurusd, my spread company's prices were stuck and they were quoting 1.5672 with the market at 1.5706. I thought my luck was in straight away as my trade was accepted but unfortunately they didn't honour it. However, they gave me the market price at the time I tried to open it and I squeaked 23 pips on the first move up, following advice of late to keep things tight. I jumped in again after the retracement as it was trending well and closed with a further 26 pips. Yesterday Cable was a strong set-up for me on the 60m chart but I didn't take the trade. It showed me the same picture this morning but in the opposite direction and I opened at the break of the overnight resistance at 1.9873. I held the trade as it was a sea of green heiken ashi on the 15m and jumped out at the 60m 200ma (4hr 50ma) for 101 pips. So a great morning's trading for me, my biggest day ever at 150 pips. Nothing compared to some on this thread but good for a novice. Might sit out this afternoon and be pleased with my day. Have a good weekend all.

Well done Rollingstone! much better than my -10 pips as a result of being tempted into a false rally on crude . Oh well, another week beckons...!

Afternoon all

Its a beautiful day here...Sun is out and heading to the pool as we speak.

Enjoy the weekend all.

Dan007

That's right Dan. You work on your tan whilst your student put you to shame in a war of pipsters.

Well done Rolling Stone. Turn it off now and go cut the grass. Very therapeutic !!

Great to see so many of you all making good pippage.

I'm off to the races now to admire some fillies and have my fill of hog-roast and local grog.

Might even have a little punt as there was no Pimp Show finale.

There's live musique later too so might bust a few of those moves Dan taught me.

Have a great evening all. I'll be back tomorrow for some more gossip and the usual nonsense.

I'll be making an appearance in Cako's Boiler Room on Monday too so that might be fun. Going to feel like a lost chocolate labrador without my daily dose of 007's dulcit tones each morning.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank everybody for the good times in 'that place'. You've all been great sports and have had a wonderful time over the last few months. I wish you all the very best with your new 00's and pimps.

Hi all

I trust everyone is well and enjoying the weekend.

I have had quite a few messages over the last couple of days and i just want to say i am here and happy to help with my strategy. Please keep posting and keep updated with this thread. Good news is never far!!!

Dan007

Well well well,

after treating myself to a 48hr birthday this year one is feeling a little sleepy thing morning. I've never been this old, but the chances are I will never be this young again, so twas best to make the most of it.

Thank-you for all your wishes. Much appriciated.

Let's see what the week has in store for us.

I don't know about you guys, but it seems to me that Crude and Gold are toying with the idea of becoming heavily bearish.

Yes we've seen some monster falls already but the last line of defense, as we've been talking about on the Crude is in this vicinity, at $123.90.

It appears to still be trying to hold but if it doesn't you can all get your SUV's out of storage as this baby will go to $101.00

As for our Golden Lady, she's still boxed-in between the daily 20&50, theres also the weekly 20 at $909 and the monthly pivot at $906.

On the 4 hr chart there appears to be a bit of a head & shoulders parrern emerging dating from the 26th June.

I'm wondering therefore if we are set-up for a little bit of a recovery, perhaps upto $940 before further falls.

Onto the longer-term currencies.....

Euro is in the exact same predicament to Gold and is well and truly wedged between the supporting daily 50 below and the resisting daily 20 above.

GBPUSD- Once again struggling to get past the weekly 50 on the upside, with the weekly 20 below us this time. Immediately below is the daily 20 and if it that gives we could be back down to 1.98 quite quickly.

USDJPY- Is that a double-top formation on the 60m chart? I think there's a bit more to come from this pair , upto the weekly 50 at 108.00 for a start.

USDCHF- Needs to break the 1.0400 weekly 20 before I'll be getting excited.

Moving onto the shorter term 5/15 set up.

Gold has some fresh air up above to $934 and its above the Pivot. Crude is Surrounded by resistance and is below the Pivot.

For me that's a do nothing morning until something changes.

I'll be drinking plenty of hot black coffee and will keep the thread updated with ideas as they happen.

As we speak GBPUSD is looking best to the downside.

Have a good session

Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday dear pimptastic pimp, Happy birthday to you. I had several drinks, so think I have toasted you nicely, and after the weekend in the sun I have just had I am toast anyway.

We seem to be building nicely for further dollar strength. I seem to recall through my vin rouge haze that this time last year we were going up, and the dollar was weakening. The dollar is coming to get you. Lots in the papers on crude and where is it going. This looks to me like a retracement, but opinion is very divided among the so called experts. Me personally, I would just look at my charts and look for the simple plays off my 5m chart ad ignore the noise in the press. Play waht you see! I am missing the trading and am keeping an eye of things via my crackberry. Apparently, I can trade off it too, but given this post has taken me days to type, I can only marvel at the chaos which would ensue without my beloved charts.

Happy birthday Z - enjoy the coffee.

Thanks by the way for all your most excellent posts. I am liking the chairman and orange lady. Brilliant and dimple.

One last request to the others on the thread - we can do better with our thoughts and ideas - so let's get posting. Farmerbob will be after you with the muck speader if you don't and trust me you don't want that.

Coldturkey Rockdrive

Dan007:
Hi all I trust everyone is well and enjoying the weekend. I have had quite a few messages over the last couple of days and i just want to say i am here and happy to help with my strategy. Please keep posting and keep updated with this thread. Good news is never far!!! Dan007

Well Dan,

Seems I was not present for the long goodbye. Soaking up the rays in sun kissed Wales.

On behalf of the many take a bow and light applause for a job well done. In the information vacuum that is wales I shall be looking out for any news - good, bad or just dann ugly....get it! Dann ugly. Le pimp said to say that cos apparently you have been eating too much paella in the sun.

Thanks for some brilliant guidance. Its been fun. And I hope we shall have the chance to prance again. Bit like celebrity come dancing.

Have fun and diolch - small

Welsh thanks.

Tanga rockdrive

Rocwell my doppleganger if you are going to play crude its essential you have the chart set up bang on. I was worried looking at your post you were just jumping in to the black beast. My little success with blackie (sounds like a sheep dog) has come from really focusing on the 5m 10 and 63 cci. Just watch them for a day and see how 63 can be a the -100 and the 10 cci comes, crosses the 0/0 and then you get the next red candle with the cross back down for a short. Watch where the ma,s are. They really work on 5m chart as little buffers like on pinball and can push the beast away. The same in reverse for the long position mas underneath 63cci above and close to +100 and wait for cross of 0/0. This strategy was bagging me 40 to 50 pips a time. You must be patient and wait for the set-up. It seemed to me if you can playing around 7 to 830 with blackie gave the best quickies. The USA NY session becomes more tense but I did find that towards the end of play you could apply the same strategy, but it was not as predictable. Hope all well and you got everything sorted with house. Make some pips for me too. Keep up the posts.

Sheep dog rockie

Hi cako, great idea regarding the trading room. I look forward to sharing yen strategies. Hope the pips are still cominh in freely my friend. Look forward to a catch up when I'm back from hols and not using a stamp to type on! Happy pipping.

Shipmate rockie

Yo F,

Brilliant pipping for last week and I hope you took your own advice and put them safely in the pip jar above the mantlepiece. Keep up your most audacious pipping and an occasional post to support Le Pimp would I'm sure help. Twice a day I pick up my crackberry for a snort of the markets. Not trading last week was just hell. Only another 5 weeks to go. Will I make it. There is only alcohol and frankly that only goes so far.

With shaking hands and a rummy nose please post more tit bits and news.

Addict rockie

Reason: