Hull Moving Average's Trend System - page 8

Yes it repaints. But it still has a lot of potencial. But I need help with one thing. I made some backtesting and it seems that there is a problem, that every trade is opened on third bar of new trend. Could someone help me with this? I have observed, that it would make big difference if it would be opened on the begining of second bar. I wish I was programer:-/ Could anyone help me with this?

question: Does this close the trades if the colour changes?

Yes, but not exatly when the color changes, but 2 bars later.

Hi all,

I was looking if by any chance I could find anything on HMA. And here you guys are playing!!!

I trade manually with HMA, but did add some filters, like Laguerre and osma to confirm. I mainly trade 5 min with the help of 1 min, 3 min and 15 min for eventually take profits earlier.

I would like a robot could do the job, so I could look for other markets which could suit this startegy.

Thank you for the people who made this EA, specially Scorpion.

Nice piece of work.

Hi Guys,

Ive just been looking to trade the HMA manually. As people have said the indicator can often change mid bar so here is the way I have been using it.

On the 5 Min chart, wait for the bar to close to establish if the trend is changing, then use this bar that has just closed as S+R so enter when the price breaks above the high/below of this bar and use the opposite end of the bar for SL, aim for 10 pips. Have a look and see what you think.

Rumpfunk,

that makes sense, I do the same but sl is under last bottom or above last top, I use laguerre alert for entries, 0.15 crossing for long and 0.85 for shorts (thank you Imran), all that confirmed buy osma. May be your sl would be cheaper from mine...

hi,

i add the ea and run on 15 mins.

it opened 2 positions just now.

sell gpbusd at 1.5356 but it closed at 1.5370 so loss 140 ! weird

another one is buy gpdusd at 1.5423 and closed order at 1.5424, so profit 10.

do i need to set anything in the parameter?

thanks

Hello guys,

How can I get this system to work in my MT 4. I download it into my indicators section, see the script, made the recommended changes and some of the parameters but I don't see is working. Maybe I need to do something else in my mt4. Need help. Thank you in advance.

Hi - I am new to this thread. Does anyone have a version of the EA which enters on the second bar instead of the third? Many thanks in advance ...

Did anyone ever get this ea to work with positive results??? It looks like it had alot of potential...

Reason: