doriancox breakout system

Hello Scorpion,

Can you modify an EA that I am currently using or create one from the ground up. The following are the parameters and features that I need.

1.) Look at "X" number of previous candle(s) to determine its high and low price, then based on those prices place a limit buy (or buy stop) and limit sell (or sell stop) orders at the appropriate levels based on "X" number pips higher or lower than the previous candle(s) high and low prices .

2.) If initial buy and sell orders are not triggered by breaking the high or low of the previous candle(s) by "X" number of pips within "X" seconds, cancel both of the orders.

3.) If current buy and sell orders are triggered by breaking the high or low of the previous candle(s) by "X" number of pips, set an initial take profit level of "X", a initial stop loss of "X", with an additional option(s) that can be turned off and on, A.) to automatically move the stop to breakeven plus "X" pips after "X" number of pips is achieved and B.) set a initial trailing stop for "X" number of pips.

4.) Have an option to only have one (1) trade open at a time or "X" number of trades going at the same time. [TRUE or FALSE option]

5.) I am also thinking about having a time session filter so that it trades only during certain times of the day. For example, from "X" time to "X" time. But I want to be able to turn this option off and on. If this is a problem or too difficult this option can be left out. [TRUE or FALSE option]

6.) Be able to support standard, mini and micro account trading.

7.) Make all "X" INPUT VARIABLES.

8.) Can you also make an indicator to match this EA?

(CONTACT ME BY E-MAIL SO I CAN SEND YOU THE EA SO YOU CAN DECIDE WHAT WOULD BE EASIEST . . . . MODIFY OR CREATE FROM SCRATCH.)

Thanks In Advance,
Dorian
*Email removed (scorpion)

Hi doriancox1

Your system is derived from Chandlier Exit or Han's Combined System? I like breakout system.

>> 4.) Have an option to only have one (1) trade open at a time or "X" number of trades going at the same time. [TRUE or FALSE option]

Having multiple trades open concurrently is difficult to manage and prune to devastating bugs IMO. I'm not coding this feature, as it would take quite a long time; however, rest assured that your system will be coded "from scratch".

Thanks . . . . looking forward to it . . . .

Hello Scorpion,

Do you have a completion date or timeframe for the EA request that was made above in post #4 back on 06-12-2006 @ 10:07 PM?

Dorian

forextrader2003@comcast.net

It's depend on complexity of your system and the way you describe it.

It'll be finished when it's finished; can't promise you a deadline, sorry.

Hey Scorpion,

I was not rushing you I was just curious as to how much longer and by the way I do really really really appreciate what you are doing . . . .

Dorian :whistling

Hey dude, checkout your coded system. Pls extract the zip to your metatrader 4 directory.

Also, i've related the settings to your description above. Ask if you're confused.

Cheers!

Settings:

1.)

Period_Bars: ...Look at "X" number of previous candle...

Brokeout_Pips: ..."X" number pips higher or lower...

2.)

Expiry_Seconds: ...within "X" seconds, cancel both of the orders...

3.)

TP: ...initial take profit level of "X"...

SL: ...initial stop loss of "X"...

TP=0 will disable TP. SL=0 will disable SL: ...with an additional option(s) that can be turned off and on...

TS_Trigger: ...move the stop to breakeven after "X" number of pips is achieved...

SL: ...set a initial trailing stop for "X" number of pips.

5.)

From_Hour, From_Min, To_Hour, To_Min: ...I am also thinking about having a time session filter...

Files:

scorpion:
Hey dude, checkout your coded system. Pls extract the zip to your metatrader 4 directory. Also, i've related the settings to your description above. Ask if you're confused. Cheers! Settings:1.)Period_Bars: ...Look at "X" number of previous candle...Brokeout_Pips: ..."X" number pips higher or lower... 2.)Expiry_Seconds: ...within "X" seconds, cancel both of the orders... 3.)TP: ...initial take profit level of "X"...SL: ...initial stop loss of "X"...TP=0 will disable TP. SL=0 will disable SL: ...with an additional option(s) that can be turned off and on...TS_Trigger: ...move the stop to breakeven after "X" number of pips is achieved...SL: ...set a initial trailing stop for "X" number of pips. 5.)From_Hour, From_Min, To_Hour, To_Min: ...I am also thinking about having a time session filter...

Thanks Scorpion,

I will start playing with it ASAP ! ! !

Dorian

Scorpion,

Thanks for your work on this.....

Quick question....was playing with this on a 1 min chart....had it set to look back 1 candle and go long or short on a 10 pip break....as soon as i put it on the chart it immediately entered a trade....looks like it entered long off a break of the previous candles close and not the high.....is this possible ?

Thanks,

Dan

You're welcome guys.

badger:
as soon as i put it on the chart it immediately entered a trade....looks like it entered long off a break of the previous candles close and not the high.....is this possible ?

Pls attach the chart. I wanna see what the real situation is.

scorpion:
You're welcome guys. Pls attach the chart. I wanna see what the real situation is.

Scorpion,

sorry, I didn't save the chart and haven't run it again since....I'll run it again this week and take a snapshot of the chart to post....

Thanks,

Dan

Reason: