Hull Moving Average's Trend System - page 5

SteveG:
For over two years or more now I've been searching and for the first time I'm so so happy about the results from using the HMA Trend Robot !!!! Trading H1 on the GBP , EUR and CHF in the last 24 hrs it has brought me 170 pips, I'm still testing different settings but so far so good !! Many many many thanks Scorpion ! Cheers

Hello Steve G, how r u doing with this EA, any good settings that you might be using for better performance? whats youre record so far?+pips?

Thanks for the helpbro!

G!

Hi Scorpian

Do you have this completed final EA?

If you want to run tests, I would like to do it.

Regards

Siva

I am studying HULL MA too...

but I'd like to trade manually!!

sonic

Hi ppls

I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a 4TF HMA Bars Indicator about ?

With M15, M30, H1, H4 something like the one I've attached but using HMA instead.

Cheers

Files:

bump

hi

I found this thread in a google search for Hull Moving Averages.

There seems to be some confusion over how to enter and backtesting of MA crossover and slope change systems.

As some of you have pointed out, the colors WILL change mid-bar sometimes. This is because the current color/slope could be on the verge and as it ticks down it changes, and then the next trade is a tick up, and it changes back. The only way to test and trade consistently are to enter on the first time of the first bar AFTER a slope change/crossover/whatever.

This is what causes a lot of historical charts to look amazing, but then you realize that you cannot enter until the second bar (because what if you enter on the current bar and then your signal reverses on the last tick? Oops, you just entered into the wrong side of a trend).

So if you're using any systems based on MA crossovers or slope changes, you have to do them at the beginning of the first bar AFTER the signal is confirmed with a closed bar.

Good luck. HMA is a good moving average.

edit - I feel compelled to edit this post. I heard a 44 and 55 HMA crossover mentioned in this thread. I just plotted those on my futures chart and it works well in big trends but the HMA overshoots sometimes and you'll get a bullish crossover as the price is going down.

I attached a pic of what I'm talking about.

Files:
hmas.gif  43 kb

wow , thanks

can u tell me how i can setting ea, only 1 open position can open for 1 direction, and wait next color change to make new open position.

how i can change magic number?

Can someone please explain to me what the mode settings are for the hull moving average expert advisor? I am interested in having this expert advisor trade right at the open and not at the close. So I need to know what the mode setting mean and if this can be done

Hi Scorpion,

Really love the HMA Trend EA but I would like to add CCI as a filter. I have tried to add this myself with no luck being I am not a programmer. Basically, with a CCI period of 21 the EA would wait to buy and close sell when CCI closes above 0. Likewise, the EA would sell and close buy when CCI closes below 0. If you could code this for me I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

StockTrader24202

scorpion:
The system was posted by bradman when he needed this system coded. The system is simple. Long when HMA trend is up, and short when HMA trend is down. Attached is the EA, automated script for metatrader 4, and indicator of this system. You must install both of them. This expert advisor features:
  • You can trade multiple charts or currencies at the same time
  • Stop loss, take profit, breakeven
  • Trailing stop
  • Configurable settings
  • Many hidden features. (Advance users, put "extern" to reveal them)How to use:
    • To enable stop loss, set SL_Mode = 1, then you configure SL to suit your style.
    • To enable trailing stop, set TS_Mode = 1. Trailing stop will hit when profit is x pips as specified in TS_Trigger.
    • Configure the indicator by settting HMA_Period and HMA_Mode.
Cheers!
Files:

Hello folks.

I am trying to test this EA at the moment using an Alpari demo account. I don't think I have it tuned quite right. The indicator itself seems to show the right thing in terms of the points at which it changes colour. I am trading the 15 minute charts...

The problem I have is with the stop losses, I think. The pairs I am looking at are GBP/USD, Eur/USD and USD/JPY. I was trying a Level 30 pip stop and trailing it, but was being stopped out very quickly. So I have changed this to ATR mode now (I think) and I am trying to trade 0.1 lots - because I think this is how I will start out when I am trading real money.

Anyone out there like to share experiences of this? I got here from starting out with a demo of Sniper FX, which I think is a similar indicator - I am running HMA and Sniper side by side on EUR/USD and there is a similarity.

Thanks in advance

-=N4J=-

Reason: