Kolachi Method of Trading - page 63

Hello,

I have been experimenting with the Kolachi method recently. So far, I have had excellent results. Just a quick question: What do you do if the graphs show different patterns on the different timelines?

For example, the 1M graph may show a change in slope of the green line downward, while the 1HR graph may show a regression towards the yellow line upward. If one signals a buy pattern, while the other signals a sell pattern, what is one to do? Does one graph take precedence over another?

Thanks for all your help so far.

-ForexPhantom-

Hi,

Thanks for the good question.

As per Kolachi Method, higher charts are more weighted than lower charts. If you see a buy on 5M while 1H is bearish then market will follow 1H chart. We have to wait for 5M to lose bullish stance before we enter short.

kolachi

ForexPhantom:
Hello,I have been experimenting with the Kolachi method recently. So far, I have had excellent results. Just a quick question: What do you do if the graphs show different patterns on the different timelines? For example, the 1M graph may show a change in slope of the green line downward, while the 1HR graph may show a regression towards the yellow line upward. If one signals a buy pattern, while the other signals a sell pattern, what is one to do? Does one graph take precedence over another? Thanks for all your help so far.-ForexPhantom-

I have read some of the posts dating back to 2006 and I am impressed with your posting and williness to share. Very rare and noble.

My question begins at...well the beginning.

What is the Kolachi Method and do you have material/videos that explain?

Hope all is well. Thank you in advance.

Hi,

Although things have changed over last three years. However, thanks for the kind words. I am willing to help you learn it if you take time to read the posts carefully and apply Kolachi Rules in your demo trading. I do not have any videos. May be I am a full time trader rather than teacher.

regards,

kolachi

hawkcs:
I have read some of the posts dating back to 2006 and I am impressed with your posting and williness to share. Very rare and noble. My question begins at...well the beginning. What is the Kolachi Method and do you have material/videos that explain? Hope all is well. Thank you in advance.

Weekly Performance

Month: January, 2009

Week: 23-30th day

Pips Pefromance: +329 pips

Eq. Change (week): +0.68%

Eq. Change (2009): +6.46%

kolachi

Note: Due to MMM (Money Mis-Management) I lost 14.5% of equity this week. I was lucky enough to reclaim all that and netting +0.68% gain.

Files:

ForexPhantom:
Hello,I have been experimenting with the Kolachi method recently. So far, I have had excellent results. Just a quick question: What do you do if the graphs show different patterns on the different timelines? For example, the 1M graph may show a change in slope of the green line downward, while the 1HR graph may show a regression towards the yellow line upward. If one signals a buy pattern, while the other signals a sell pattern, what is one to do? Does one graph take precedence over another? Thanks for all your help so far.-ForexPhantom-

How did you get started about teaching yourself this method? I can't find any documentation online? If you have articles please share this with me? There is about a million post in this thread, it will take me about 5 years to read through everything.

Regards

Brendan

Hi Mr. Kolachi,

I have been following your system about 1 year and still find it among the very best consistant money makers. I'm out of the market by choice until things settle a bit. Volitality is good, but I'm waiting for the dust to settle a bit.

Here's my question and observation:

For determining the overall trend, would it be just as good to look at the slope of the 200ema on our 15 min. chart? 200ema slope downward = overall downtrend. Slope upward = overall up trend.

Thanks for your great work and this great system.

Joe

papajoe:
Hi Mr. Kolachi, I have been following your system about 1 year and still find it among the very best consistant money makers. I'm out of the market by choice until things settle a bit. Volitality is good, but I'm waiting for the dust to settle a bit. Here's my question and observation: For determining the overall trend, would it be just as good to look at the slope of the 200ema on our 15 min. chart? 200ema slope downward = overall downtrend. Slope upward = overall up trend. Thanks for your great work and this great system. Joe

How did you start using this method? Did you only read the posts?

Hi joe,

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes ema200 is trend indicator in Kolachi Method. If it is sloped up then trend is up and vice versa. If it is flat then market is ranging and difficult to trade unless you have command over Kolachi Rules.

The best time to trade is when you see a Kolachi Dispersion. Worst time to trade is when ema200 is flat and ema100 is near it.

kolachi

papajoe:
Hi Mr. Kolachi, I have been following your system about 1 year and still find it among the very best consistant money makers. I'm out of the market by choice until things settle a bit. Volitality is good, but I'm waiting for the dust to settle a bit. Here's my question and observation: For determining the overall trend, would it be just as good to look at the slope of the 200ema on our 15 min. chart? 200ema slope downward = overall downtrend. Slope upward = overall up trend. Thanks for your great work and this great system. Joe

Hi,

I appreciate your curiosity about KM. Big journey starts with a small step. Early two or three pages of thread are enough to give you feel about Kolachi Method. No need t go through million posts as you said it.

Once you have read two three times the important posts, then start looking at Kolachi emas ( wma5, ema21,ema55, ema100 and ema200) in action on live charts. It will take few weeks to get good understanding of KM.

My guidance is always available to you but it is you who will do homework.

kolachi

bioluminescence:
How did you start using this method? Did you only read the posts?
Reason: