BIG Plans for Website and Forum - page 3

scorpion:
We'll get 100% revenue, no sharing with 3rd-party ad compan. I'll do it similiar to MoneyMakerGroup.com.

Where exactly would you get the advertisers from? If you, yourself, will look for advertisers why not get the brokers right on the spot? I'm going to try to answer that question by saying that you want the website to be more lively before the brokers take a look at the page? You might want to ask some guys at moneytec too where they received their advertisers from

We'll contact several brokers when there're some activities in the forums. It's because we want them to pay more. I'm waiting for the right moment to ask for quarterly advertising subscription.

A few months ago I asked many brokers whether they will advertise with us or not when there're more traffic. Most of them promptly replied "yes". MoneyTec & StrategyBuilderFX wanted to advertise with us too, how weird.

Well cross advertising makes your pagerank go up, if two high-ranking sites relay to each other, both pageranks will go up (meaning all their ads will be more valuable). Forums like to share with other forums for some reason, usually their users will come to you and your users will go to them and from there they can trade info etc.

So clearing stuff up, step 1 is...

and what would you like me, us, to help you with? any data gathering needed? research?

keep us posted

Step 1 is creating calendar, better than forexfactory, with AJAX-enabled so that there's no page refresh for just changing timezone or changing date. It should be finished in 10 days.

Read post #18 for step 2 and beyond.

gazuz:
and what would you like me, us, to help you with? any data gathering needed? research?

For now, please look after the forum for me. You can ban spammers like that.

We'll discuss as we go.

This is fruitful, guys. I've just finished the scraper and parser program. It can collect data from forefactory, forexnews and other sources and save them to database for future use.

And below is very early design of our calendar. It's very basic now as i haven't implemented anything yet, just print the collected data on the web page. What do u think?

I'm going to create a detail panel which tells:

• The definition of indicator
  • When it will affect the market.
  • How big the impact will be.
  • And which direction EUR USD JPY GBP will go.
Files:

Scorpion, nice job! I've been looking at forexfactory because of their news releases, the thing i like most about their website is the fact that you can change the timezone and also it shows the amount of volatility the market can have with each news (red, yellow, orange, etc) which you seem to have covered... However how are you going to predict what direction it will go? doesnt it depend on the news? or are you using the forecast vs previous or are you using people to predict?

let me know im interested

Hey gaz

It will cover all features forexfactory's calendar has plus many of our own. Since we have forecast and previous data, we can easily predict direction.

Oh I see, I tried teaching myself the news and I always thought that if the forecast is higher than the previous and the the actual is even higher, then it will shoot up. And if the actual was the same as the forecast it wouldnt move..

I guess I understood wrong?

Just finished the official design. It's rather slow. First time web application coding...

Next, it's coding time, will have to add timezone selection and legend. Awefully lots of unexpected works.

And, gotta find/design some nice icons. You can see i stole volatility icons from forexfactory (factory-shaped icons).

Files:

So what do you want the theme to be? maybe I can help in the design of those icons. I'll look for some forums where people can just scan the code and enhance it, that could help a lot

Reason: