Fundamental trades

1] Find a major fundamental announcement at it's time. In this example 8:30 EST. Time is extremely important in this system!

2] Open a (1-minute) charts of the country involved. -> EURUSD

3] At 8:29 EST find the lowest low and highest high over the last 2-8 candles. -> more candles is less false trades but also less trades

4] Now at 8:30 EST we lay in some trades:

- Buy at High+10 pips with a stoploss at High

- Sell at Low-10 pips with a stoploss at Low

Additionally you can set a profit target at 20 pips. But much larger moves are no exception. So 20 pips with trailing stop?

6] If nothing happens within 3 minutes close all orders.

7] If profit rises to 6 pips move stops to entry price. Now you at least break even!

You don't have to understand what the announcement is about. Just that it's a major announcement.

Max loss is 10 pips.

Multiple announcements at teh same time usually give better 'trends' but also whipsaws.

Some announcements. (I would like more good sites with announcements)

US employment monthly reports 8:30 EST 1st Friday of the month (the best opportunity of all)

US employment weekly reports 8:30 EST Thursday (the best opportunity of all)

US Consumer Price Index reports 8:30 EST around 13th of the month

US International trade 8:30 EST around 20th of each month

US Treasury Budget 14:00 EST 3rd week of each month

-----------------------------------------

The rules are not that difficult but the timing is essential.

Announcements often occur at inconvenient times like night or during office hours.

Can someone put this into a system? (the user provides the date of the fundamentals)

What time do you base this on? I've seen some brokers have different times. Even once I've heard of a man making money with two different brokers, one in Australia and another somewhere else where he would take one and trade with the other... So what do you base it on? Microsoft time? atomic clock time?

Also what would happen if you acted at 8:25?

Thanks in advance. Look a bit like a break-through system. I think I've seen it before as an expert, also remember that big news happen almost every single day of the calendar year

Edit: another question is why 6 pips? is that suppose to be 3 + 3 spread?

Edit2: I completely agree with the expert. And I scorpion said that in the 2nd Beta of the ZeroCode you are able to add times. I am not sure how many dates/times you may add and if its continuous time and what not but that would be really great.

I still can't figure out even if I could code an expert how I would do this. The calculations are easy indeed but how to make an EXPERT from it chosing what date and what time would be the hardest thing I believe.

Time to call out to the trading geniuses

Hi gazuz. Thanks for your intrest in this thread.

The time is the time of the news message. /go?link=https://www.dailyfx.com/

If you are in the same timezone as the message then Microsoft time is probebly good enough.

But using a atomic time syncing util is adviseble. I think the majority of PC clocks is not accuratly set.

Of course you can argue that the news isn't released exactly on time either.

Maybe that's true but I think especially US news is sharp on time. (see how f***ed up they act when their NYSE network goes down a few seconds recently)

Also what would happen if you acted at 8:25?

The system says act at 8:30 (if the news is at that time. But with normal indicators we all know that changing things a bit my have a good outcome. In this case.....

After the news is certainly not a good plan.

Before the news... you could be lucky or not I guess.

Before the news everyone is nervous. So is the market. So it bounces around a few pips.

If you buy to early your trades may be triggered before the news.

Afterall 10 pips is very little movement if you concider it also contains the spread.

Edit: another question is why 6 pips? is that suppose to be 3 + 3 spread?

Exactly. You move to the buy price. But not to the current price. As we all know even in strong trends

there are very often movements of 2 pips against the trend. You would get stopped out immediately.

It's just like setting a 1pip trailing stop and then looking spprised you get stopped out within a few seconds.

I'm new on this forum and know ZeroCode even a shorter amount of time. If scorpions says it's possible I believe him.

I could be very wrong but there is so little documentation. I created some experts but never beyound what's in the pulldown menus found in ZeroCode.

I can't find anyting related to time. But that doesn't mean if it isnt there.

The calculations are easy indeed but how to make an EXPERT from it chosing what date and what time would be the hardest thing I believe.

You are talking about exact execution time? (Needed) Or if the expert finds his own news? Not needed. The user could enter a small list. Maybe just a list with times/dates list typed with notepad. Maybe just 1 date to start with.

I think it's best to drop this idea.

I've read that the MetaTrader platorm is intentionally crippled on the speed/number of orders. That's unaccepteble for this system

as helpfully answered by scorpion, you can get round this issue programmatically. I've written an app that kicks of at least 5 orders all within 300ms in the same account

Mmm, then I misunderstood what scorpion wrote in the api thread.

1 trade per 5-10 seconds. Unless you use multiple thread; which are limited too.

It's good to be wrong

TraderSeven:
Mmm, then I misunderstood what scorpion wrote in the api thread. 1 trade per 5-10 seconds. Unless you use multiple thread; which are limited too. It's good to be wrong

you woudln't want to use a seperate thread. You'd need to spawn off a seperate process that itself also connects and logs in to the same account.

Guys what brokers are ideal for fundamental traders that have negative balance protection plus allows both scalping and hedging

Evan23:
Guys what brokers are ideal for fundamental traders that have negative balance protection plus allows both scalping and hedging

Discussion/recommendation about the brokers is prohibited on the forum sorry.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Something Interesting in Financial Video

Sergey Golubev, 2017.08.29 13:56

This is an interesting video about how to trade news events (on the example of some other calendar but we can use this method to use mql5 calendar with MT4/MT5 for example).

----------------

How to Trade the News -- An Exact Method Every Trader Should Know

----------------

Economic Calendar: already available on MQL5.com, coming soon in MetaTrader 5 

Reason: