CCI Expert, not a holly grail, but quite rewarding - page 10

Ye ye, I think that you know that I know that you know these are the same things pretty much.

I really don't want to get into the syntax and philosyphy of it because it does not exit.

Quotes may be exactly the same and that would not effect any strategy that I know so who cares.

Pip is never mentioned in fractions like .0001, it is mentioned as 1.

For example on USDJPY:

Tick at 2005.12.29 12:35:26 100.02

Tick at 2005.12.29 12:35:27 100.01

Back to MT3 and MT4 > Backtester does generate ticks and does a better job in MT4. In both cases it is not exactly the same as real-time.

And hallelujah and I still don't charge much.

Is anyone trading this strategy live ? If so, are there results consistant ?

Regards

Benos

benos, I am figuring out right now which take profit and stop loss are better for this system. I am thinking of using it on the GBP/USD as well since its so volatile and can reach the takeprofits easily.

For now the 5 pip take profit gave this (2 lots): +100, +100, +100, -300, +100 = +100 (dollars, not pips)

For 10 pip take profit (2 lots again): +200, +200, -300, +200 = +300

I am still doubtful about the stop loss as well. I am going to try all this on GBP/USD with the same timeframe, alot more trades will be made therefore smaller lots will be used and probably smaller take profit and stop losses.

I am using an M15 chart with the settings of CCI at 350

edit: forgot to mention i had to alternate the code (not on here) to trade on the same candle it crosses and second trades on the same candle... So I won't get any late signals and won't be affected by going over and under the 0 line for CCI

Any body like to try when cci cross 8o &-80 AND FOR 2 CCI AT 50 AND 12 ? CROSS 100&-100?

any updates on this system?

Dionysus:
any updates on this system?

It works well in an trendy market. It's just like an MACD that can catch the trends a bit before. Problem is, it kills your account extremely quickly once the market has whipsaws. Once I can find a way to figure out when the market is trending or not then this should work.

But then again if I can find out how to know when the market is trending or not, then that would be the holy grail my friend..

Dear gazuz

did u got any good results from this strategy?

if yes can u post the results here?

if u neglect this startegy plz tell me why? is there an huge drawdown

looking forward to recieve from u because i wanna go to improve this strategy on EURJPY so i need your personal experience on it.

Best wishes

Wow this is an old thread wonder whats happened to this EA.

Dear friend

any body here sitll using this strategy?

i had done an ea for cci 50 and now still in testing and i need some experience from anybody did this job before to share our skill

Abdurrazag

Hi,

As far as CCI indicator by itself is conserned, I only had success with it on longer timeframes, like daily or weekly. Same is true for most other indicators. The drawback of using them on daily charts for example is that your stop loss is usually placed based on technical levels( like previous day's low or last weeks high) which can be 30-60 pips away from your entry. Therefore you should have the patience to bear a trade which is in a loss for a while before you see profits.

Have a good weekend,

Steven

------------------------

Forex 101 - FX Resources and Trading Strategies

Reason: