Barriers that make MetaTrader unattractive to big brokers - page 2

scorpion:
Yes, IBFX is likely automatic. I'll email them to make sure.

while ibfx is most likely automatic (as stated on their website) this will not be the case round figures.

A quick reply from FXDD:

Our system confirms trade automatically with Live accounts. The system can automatically confirm ticket orders for up to $5M. Clifford S. Toy FXDirectDealer, LLC 75 Park Place, 4th Floor New York, NY 10007 212-791-3950

Reply from InterbankFX:

Dear Sopheap, All trades are processed automatically. We do not have a dealing desk. You can trade up to 100 lots per click in a standard account. In a mini account we only allow up to 50 lots per click. Regards, Matthew T. Schutjer Customer Relations Interbank FX, LLC Old Mill Technology Center 6322 South 3000 East, Suite 240 Salt Lake City, Utah 84121

Reply from Neurx.ch:

Dear Sopheap, we have the right to check trades before execution - until this very say we never executed this right. Normally all trades are executed automatically. For sure we can check and store every trade - we have to do this. With kind regards Klaus Richter Neurex AG Dreikoenig-Strasse 45 CH - 8002, Zuerich Switzerland

At last a reply from Alpari:

Здравствуйте, Our company confirms manually in real money account. --- Дилинговый центр "Альпари" /go?link=http://www.alpari.ru/ тел. (095) 29-111-29

scorpion:
At last a reply from Alpari:

Better set your slippage value high then...

Only useable for long term traders I think.

Imagine someone that trades 1 minute bars. How many bars will have past until the order is transfered. How about a panic situation at high volatility markets. Or at night...

Reply from Neurx.ch:

Strange they have a right to check trades?

I would think their only right is to guard your margin.

I'm maybe to sceptical but I'm afraid if a client files a complaint that he lost money due a slow (or down) system at the brokers end they just tell you they are excising their right to interfere with my trades/money.

Now I trust only USA-based brokers like FXDD and InterbankFX. The Neurex (swiss) can requote, and Alpari (russian) always requote.

I tend to agree on the US based brokers.

I know guys who have used FXDD for a great many years with little to no problems. And with all the spreads getting dropped, it's just getting better

Cheers

Martin

Thanks for the great reply. I'm using IBFX and they are automatic in order processing. What does not make any sense is that they seem to switch to manual mode over news releases. Server seems to overload at these times then they just don't fill the orders at that second. Your is only filled a few seconds later - after the first spike. And the spread did not stay the same also. It was also adjusted during this automatic order filling.

Just my few cents.

Reason: