Should MT5 strategy tester add custom spread value?

• 65% (20)
  • 19% (6)
  • 16% (5)
Total voters: 31

MT4 strategy tester have custom spread value.

How come MT4 strategy tester did not have that custom spread value to test the EA? 

I think Yes.

Cuong Truong:

MT4 strategy tester have custom spread value.

How come MT4 strategy tester did not have that custom spread value to test the EA? 

Because MT5 uses historical spread value (from each M1 bar).

Alain Verleyen:
Because MT5 uses historical spread value (from each M1 bar).
Using historical spread value might seems like a good idea, but custom spread value is best for testing EA. This will tell me if that EA is profitable or not if broker's spread is high.

exactly was i was thinking... MT5 is out for a while but so far apart from the async order, the rest make me go to mt4 or calgo...

MT4 spread was the way to go, you dont want create copy of millions of symbols with different spread to test its ridiculous and don't forget the space it use in the harddisk....

It's like the peoples that make MT5 think they are always right while they are not.... Spread is a good feature to configure for sure. They are no justification to not add this feature

and anyway its was there back in MT4...

In reality, spreads go up and down. I think backtest should be made closer to reality. My vote is no.

Zee Zhou Ma:
In reality, spreads go up and down. I think backtest should be made closer to reality. My vote is no.

For me I want to test how my expert will go from small spread to high, you know what spread is needed to work, I work a lot with tick algorithm and spread are crucial, if they are bad, i do nothing and wait until they are better...

You can have a spread setting in your trading system, and then use that as a condition to trade or not to trade.

I usually do not trade if the spread is averaging high in the past 30 minutes.

Reason: