Certainly MT5 was far more improved over MT4. But still majority traders are using MT4........ - page 6

tonny:
If mt5 were given mt4 trading style man you would have had to switch to mt5 because it certainly would have replaced mt4. Im yet to hear of a broker that did a survey or switched to mt5 fully then back to mt4 because clients complained but all i know is that from the word go they never planned to replace mt4 with mt5 but just introduced mt5 separately because of its trading limitation.
+1

FinanceEngineer:
Is this  mean that you can trade 19 pairs at the same time with MT 4?

i mean when trade many symbols at same time. it's easy to manage position in MT5 than MT4.

And, can you hold both long and short positions in stock market? 

MT5 was designed for programmers,but MT4 was designed  for traders.

Now MT4 has the advantage of OOP programming same as MT5

I prefer to MT4.

fxmeter:

I prefer to MT4.

Just curious if MT4 is capable of using multi core instead of single core. If that is the case, then MT 4 is probably the winner. 

song_song:

i mean when trade many symbols at same time. it's easy to manage position in MT5 than MT4.

And, can you hold both long and short positions in stock market? 

It is interesting points. However note that the fundamental of FX market is differ from Stock market. Therefore it is difficult to compare stock marekt with Forex market. Underlying value on stock price is based on valuation of the company and their performance. In stock market, selling is really selling. It means that you are quiting and are not holding that security any more. For FX market, the exchange rate moves according to the country's relative economic strength (or for example, purchasing power parity.) Selling means that you are betting your money on quoated currency. For example, if you sell EURUSD, then you are betting that USD will be strong. However there are a lot of similarity too though.

FinanceEngineer:
It is interesting points. However note that the fundamental of FX market is differ from Stock market. Therefore it is difficult to compare stock marekt with Forex market. Underlying value on stock price is based on valuation of the company and their performance. In stock market, selling is really selling. It means that you are quiting and are not holding that security any more. For FX market, the exchange rate moves according to the country's relative economic strength (or for example, purchasing power parity.) Selling means that you are betting your money on quoated currency. For example, if you sell EURUSD, then you are betting that USD will be strong. However there are a lot of similarity too though.
so it's difficult to compare MT5 with MT4 because MT5 is also use for stocks trading and other, not only FX.

song_song:
so it's difficult to compare MT5 with MT4 because MT5 is also use for stocks trading and other, not only FX.
No, eye on eye and apple on apple. Little more details here.. When MT 5 is used for FX, MT 5 uses FX calculation mode. When both MT 5 and MT 4 trades FX, they are trading the same security govened by same market maker and same regulation ( Note not broker's regulation). Therefore relative merit of our trading platform does matter a lot. Also don't forget stock and stock future is different by its contract specification. 

fxmeter:

I prefer to MT4.

The more I use the new mql4 with the mql5 style features the more I realize how smart the original mql4 designer was. He was obviously aware his target audience were not programmers by occupation so he did all the right things to make programming for metatrader accessable to them.

SDC:

The more I use the new mql4 with the mql5 style features the more I realize how smart the original mql4 designer was. He was obviously aware his target audience were not programmers by occupation so he did all the right things to make programming for metatrader accessable to them.
Few days ago, I went back to MT 4 coding again creating some simple expert advisors. I found that MT 4 still does not support multi core processors and the optimization speed was quite slow in comparison to MT 5. There are still some more rooms which MT 4 can improve. Also indicators update method of MT 5 seems more efficient than MT 4 one too. Correct me if I am wrong.

I was not suggesting to compare featires of the MT4 and MT5 terminals I was talking about the mql4 language.

Reason: