Get Ready to Meet New MetaTrader 4 with Updated MQL4 Language - page 2

RaptorUK:
OK .. Was looking at banner on top of this page where it says 03.02.2014.  Different countries write numeric dates differently.

dlewisfl:
OK .. Was looking at banner on top of this page where it says 03.02.2014.  Different countries write numeric dates differently.
Yep I know . . .  I always spell out the month for that reason,  then there is no ambiguity.  You might want to mention this to the Service Desk.

Is the new mt4 system means mq5 programs can be compiled and run in mql4 environment?

raminzk:
Is the new mt4 system means mq5 programs can be compiled and run in mql4 environment?
Not really. But if you use the subset of mql5 which is common with the new mql4 it's possible. (trading functions are very different).

Is there a plan by metaquotes to discontinue the use of the MT5 platform?

Elie 

in new version. can i access different broker account in one terminal. like roboforex account and Alpari UK account use from one terminal?

advali82:
in new version. can i access different broker account in one terminal. like roboforex account and Alpari UK account use from one terminal?
Yes, but only 1 at a time. By the way, it was already the case with "old" MT4.

Still my terminal not get any update.

Why all of my terminal not start update? what happens. 

its not, but the changes made in MT4 language make it whole lot easier to convert MQL5 scripts to MQL4. If you know what you are doing you can do it in minutes. Finally i dont have to change for example: every Point() from MQL5 to Point in MQL4, modify methods of retrieving account properties (balance, equity, maring) etc. That update is really helpful.

angevoyageur:
Not really. But if you use the subset of mql5 which is common with the new mql4 it's possible. (trading functions are very different).
Reason: