Forex Tsd Contest! - page 10

Ok, I'll create tool for automatic analysis of EA statements with reporting for you.

Meanwhile I post simple EA and want you to run it with other contest EAs and let's check the result at the end of month on current rules. Of course, it will not participate in contest, it is just for demonstration .

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum

But I can make real EA with similar concept of openeing multiple orders - it is good for contest, but useless for live trading.

Beluck:
But I can make real EA with similar concept of openeing multiple orders - it is good for contest, but useless for live trading.

I will be curious about the performance of such EAs Personally, I don't think such EAs will be good for the contest either. Yes, you can open 100 orders at 0.01 lots and if you make a profit of 10 pips for each order, you will have 1000 pips gain. But the reverse is also true. If you make a loss, it will be multiplied by 100 times too.

Although my EA may open multiple orders in small lots, its purpose is not to artificially generate pips. Rather, it is for practical reason because my EA is supposed to work well in contest, demo and live. I don't think a lot of people will be trading in 1 lot each time unless they have tons of money. So by using smaller lots, it should more accurately represent actual situation.

pengie:
I will be curious about the performance of such EAs Personally, I don't think such EAs will be good for the contest either. Yes, you can open 100 orders at 0.01 lots and if you make a profit of 10 pips for each order, you will have 1000 pips gain. But the reverse is also true. If you make a loss, it will be multiplied by 100 times too. Although my EA may open multiple orders in small lots, its purpose is not to artificially generate pips. Rather, it is for practical reason because my EA is supposed to work well in contest, demo and live. I don't think a lot of people will be trading in 1 lot each time unless they have tons of money. So by using smaller lots, it should more accurately represent actual situation.

I agree.

Every programmer is having such an important thing as reputation. I am talking about programming as a profession. If programmer coded something with ruse just to win in contest (open 100 orders at 0.01 lots for example or others) so many people will see it and this programmer will lose his reputation. And money/salary/income of professional programmers which he/she is getting from his profession (i am not talking about this forum) is fully depends on his/her reputation. Many programmers is having personal websites inviting custimers. He/She may win $100 in contest but will lose good money in the future because people will place coding orders to the other programmers.

But it is not related to our contest EAs and to programmers which are the members of our forum. All contest EAs are ok with no any problems.

If Beluck creates the tool for automatic analysis of EA statements concerning MM, risk, drawdown, efficiency of EA (in pips and in deposit currency), graphics/charts etc so we will have much more statistical data for each contest EA. And we will have something to discuss here.

pengie, i know that there are many systems that must have multiple orders, but this contest rule for winner is not fair to most of systems as it gives huge advanted to many orders EAs and disadvantage to majority of MM systems.

if igorad, for example instead of opening just 1 lot order used grid of hundred 0.01 lots he would easily win.

i can make EAs with grids that will look good by design and win by pips, but nonetheless useless for real trading.

this contest is not about reputation, but to find good trading system for real use. but so far it is to find hypotethical and useless pips winner.

i hope to make analyzing tools by the end of month and then expect contest winner rule changed accordingly to fair way.

Beluck:
I can suggest you, it is very simple - write down equity at the start of contest period and at the end, calculate how many percents it has grown and that's it.

That alone will not work.

If an EA only closes positive trades and leave negative trades open you will get an incredible equity curve.

But in the end it is a bad system because of huge amount of open trades that are in the negative.

This has been seen on many EAs posted in this forum.

lomme:
That alone will not work.

i think you do not understand what equity is.

you are talking about balance, while equity include both open and closed trades.

Beluck:
pengie, i know that there are many systems that must have multiple orders, but this contest rule for winner is not fair to most of systems as it gives huge advanted to many orders EAs and disadvantage to majority of MM systems.

if igorad, for example instead of opening just 1 lot order used grid of hundred 0.01 lots he would easily win.

i can make EAs with grids that will look good by design and win by pips, but nonetheless useless for real trading.

this contest is not about reputation, but to find good trading system for real use. but so far it is to find hypotethical and useless pips winner.

i hope to make analyzing tools by the end of month and then expect contest winner rule changed accordingly to fair way.

Personally, I don't think the current contest rules disadvantage the majority of MM systems. Please note that I do not say this because I am afraid of other EAs winning. If you can really make a good grid system which will win by pips, please go ahead. I don't think it is possible to make such a system. This is because any system which tries to open many orders also face the danger of all the orders going into negative.

Another thing is I find that your comments that the contest so far has only found hypothetical and useless pips winner is unfair to all the previous winners. As mentioned by newdigital, there are many ways to gauge an EA. In principle, equity sounds fair but if you think deeper, it really isn't that fair because it tests two things: the first is of course the EA's ability to make money and the second is to test its ability to do money management. By using equity alone, an EA with 100% accuracy but poor management skills might have the same equity at the end as an EA with 1% accuracy but have ultra-good money management skills. But is both EA really as good as each other? Personally, I think we should test EAs on their accuracy at this moment in time first. Money management skills is not the forte of everyone and I don't think there are as many different systems of money management as there are trading system. So we should explore the one with more possibilities first, which is the trading system.

is this so hard for programmers who can write "100% accurate" EA to incorporate simple fixed-ratio MM code?

you can continue to stay limited by your imaginations. they will quickly be broken in real trading.

i will not waste my time making useless EAs just to win this "pips" contest.

my latest posts here are to help other people, first of all elite subscribers, as they pay prizes actually, to obtain a system, that can be used for their real money and make them real profit with knowing their real risks.

pengie, if you want a contest of accuracy, then why have you made grid EA? why don't you use just one order to test the accuracy? grids are actually the kind of MM too. you advise me to think deeper, but don't you see what i say is actually deeper cause it extends possibilities and puts everyone in equal conditions? you agree in principal, then what is the problem?

just for the record. MM is not so hard as you are trying to present it.

here is piece of code for fixed ratio MM:

extern bool FixedLot=false; //true == no MM

extern double Lots=0.1; //initial fixed lot size

extern double MinLot=0.1; //minimal lot size

extern int LotRound=1; //decimals to round

extern double MaximumRisk=10.0; //% of freemargin to risk in one trade

double MMLots(int StopLoss) {

double lot=Lots;

if (!FixedLot) {

lot=NormalizeDouble(AccountFreeMargin()*MaximumRisk*0.001/StopLoss,LotRound);

lot=MathMin(lot,MinLot);

} else

lot=Lots;

return(lot);

}

is this so hard even for not so experienced programmers to use it?

i don't think so, if they are able to make some EA.

What is the different between pips and equity calculation?

If we count in pips so we have the following:

- anyone may create any thread in this forum and create some manual trading system.

- After trading manually this person (of some group of people) may create alarms for the indicators (to trade manually by their system).

- After that they will create EA.

- If people are having limited programming knowledge so they may use Codersguru lessons (it is free on this forum), or they may use templates for EAs' creation (posted on Codersguru section - free as well), or some other tools on website (sorry don't remember web address now) that is free as well, or Gordago tool.

- Then they will post EA and they will test it.

- then some people on our forum will help them to fix the bugs.

- then, based on backtesting and forward testing results, they may propose EA for the contest. If they win 1st, 2nd or 3rd place so they have a right to say that their manual trading system is good (if they need to prove it of course).

Anybody can do that. Any person.

Igorad's contest EA is based on manual trading system. And Codersguru EAs are based on trading systems trading manually (it was started with two different indicators from the begining). My EA is based on manual trading system as well. And Pengie's EA is based on MACD.

If we are doing the equity calculation only we have the following:

- anyone may create any thread in this forum and explain an idea.

- then they should write the message to one of the few programmers who have great forex programming skills and experience. Problem is that we have few of them only because not every programmer can create specific MM for the particular EA to have good equity.

- So the programmes will sort and filter the ideas. And everybody should wait and stay in the queue. All 9,000 members.

- programmers who have great forex programming skills and experience (few programmers) can program EA which is not based on any indicators or trading systems. Just price movement and MM - and our contest in this case will be transfermed onto contest of elite programmers (but not for all of them - just for few programmers).

If we count as equity calculation so it will be limitation for the most of the members of our forum. If we count in pips so it is the limitation for the best programmers (for few of them).

So I think we may appreciate the necessity of equity calculation, some coefficients and so on to get more statistial data. But if we will use equity only so it will be completely different contest: it will be contest of elite programmers.

It was the different between pips and equity calculation as i understand it.

Probable we may use mixed rules.

If Beluck creates the tool to analyze the statement and if we will have this tool created for every rules (not for equity only) so it will be much more easy for all of us because i will need just to post the statements only and people will see who is the winner, why, and discuss about it as a matter of facts.

Reason: