Hardware for strategy tester? internal memory, cpu, gpu needed?

What hardware is required for fast scanning in strategy tester?

When I scan in strategy tester from 1999 until 2016, it could take 24hours and with different steps, it could take 3000 hours. Is there a way to increase the speed?

Which hardware would make strategy tester go faster?

- internal memory 32gb?

- cpu. 

- is a good graphics card important? Since strategy tester doesn't need visual power, I would say 'no', correct?

- Operating system. Windows 7, 8 and 10 make the system slow I presume. Any recommendations for OS? What about the classic Windows XP on the latest hardware? would that work? Or would I get MT4 build-problems on a Windows XP? 

My budget is 2000 euro/US dollar. What should I spend it on? On a new computer for 2000 euro?

Or is there a way to use the MT5 strategy tester 'agents tab' in MetaTrader 4? So that I can use multiple agents in the local network to divide cpu usage? Is there a MQL4 cloud and does that make strategy tester 10+ times faster?

How do/did you speed up strategy tester?

The way you use the strategy tester must be wrong. Why you test from 1999? The last three years or months or weeks depending on which tf you wanna work is enough. The market shook up (HFT, hedging and opening the markets for retail traders) and will change (HTF and hedging is obsolete nowadays). What worked well in history doesn't work automatically in the future, especially standard indicators were good, now they aren't even ok, but deposit killer.

Test without ticks, this is the last step (needs much time). Test your strategy intraday and overnight. Then with different steps. And you will see, your double-core laptop is enough.

Cool would be if servers do the job as well as trading your strategy. ProRealTime trading have this service, but they aren't cheap (as the 'Pro' may already suggest) and it's not available for MT4/5.

Ive discovered something interesting , i have backtested 5000 + expert advisors that i made with gazilion different settings on them , sometimes it shows a very good result , a bad result and a result that everyone would have anxiety and probobly jump in front of a train if that were your real account .

My conclusion is that no of the result in the metatrader tester can be taken serious , because of a fixed spread and so on.
The thing you can look at is the amount of positions opened , if you are ok with that amount or not , and look in the visual mode and see so it actually buys and sells at the right time as you want it to .

Yesterday i was reading on fxdreema's forum ( were i create my expert advisors ,its a free service and awesome )
There were a guy writing something about backtest history with '' Tickstory ''

So i downloaded that and you can backtest everything superfast with what i think is a closer result to the real trading .
Tickstory is a free service aswell.

There are options to buy a membership with more to offer in both mentioned , but im not here to sell anything , just to help others become better at what they want to do :)
Links below.

https://fxdreema.com

https://tickstory.com/

krelian99:

The way you use the strategy tester must be wrong. Why you test from 1999? The last three years or months or weeks depending on which tf you wanna work is enough. The market shook up (HFT, hedging and opening the markets for retail traders) and will change (HTF and hedging is obsolete nowadays). What worked well in history doesn't work automatically in the future, especially standard indicators were good, now they aren't even ok, but deposit killer.

Test without ticks, this is the last step (needs much time). Test your strategy intraday and overnight. Then with different steps. And you will see, your double-core laptop is enough.

Cool would be if servers do the job as well as trading your strategy. ProRealTime trading have this service, but they aren't cheap (as the 'Pro' may already suggest) and it's not available for MT4/5.

I have to be stupid , this is the first time that i saw that you have a picture of Nimis ( The Royal Republic of Ladonia  ) as your profile picture ..
I know we talked about it before but it didnt get to me until now haha ..

timmyhanke:
I have to be stupid , this is the first time that i saw that you have a picture of Nimis ( The Royal Republic of Ladonia  ) as your profile picture ..
I know we talked about it before but it didnt get to me until now haha ..

LOL, for 2 years, I guess.

krelian99:

LOL, for 2 years, I guess.

it seems that someone tried to burn down Nimis yesterday , can be that Lars Wilks ( the creator of it ) made fun of Allah and angered the whole muslim world .

So he had it coming i gues because he is a horrible person :)

Strange though that as we spoke of it yesterday it was burning 2 hours ago ...

What the burning heck...  yes, he is a 'special' person, that's for sure (and by 'special' I mean 'behavior disordered').

How much is burned? The whole main tower or more?

krelian99:

What the burning heck...  yes, he is a 'special' person, that's for sure (and by 'special' I mean 'behavior disordered').

How much is burned? The whole main tower or more?

The newspaper said 1/5 of it burnet down. 

An much to late Easter fire...  He will rebuild it up. It was burned down by the Government once, right?

(No, this is not Nimis ;)

krelian99:

An much to late Easter fire...  He will rebuild it up. It was burned down by the Government once, right?

(No, this is not Nimis ;)

I dont think he can because hes not allowed to.
He didnt have permission at the first time either. 
There have been alot of accidents there so i dont think its a bad thing to remove it. 
It might have been an angry parrent who lit it on fire haha.
Reason: