Experiments ... - page 3

nevar:
Mladen, The correlation between the CCI changes and the actual price changes are low.Which means in a trending mode there are big differences in between CCI peaks and lows and the actual price peaks and lows ( too much divergence).That is why I dont rely too much on CCI for OB-OS states.Is it posibble use the floating levels on a detrended price(+/0/-) ?

Depends what type of detrending do you have in mind

Here is a version that is using the simplest deterending there is - price filter for detrending (price - average of that price == a sort of zero mean as a result), but the results are probably not what you expect them to be (very "nervous" result) : cci_simple_experiment_extended_fl_-_detrended.mq4

PS: at the example upper is the regular version of cci experiment, lower is this one (the "detrended" one)

mladen:

Depends what type of detrending do you have in mind

Here is a version that is using the simplest deterending there is - price filter for detrending (price - average of that price == a sort of zero mean as a result), but the results are probably not what you expect them to be (very "nervous" result) : cci_simple_experiment_extended_fl_-_detrended.mq4

PS: at the example upper is the regular version of cci experiment, lower is this one (the "detrended" one)

Do you have any paper suggestion for detrending types? Ema angle looks interesting for detrending :https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173056/page5

nevar:
Do you have any paper suggestion for detrending types? Ema angle looks interesting for detrending :https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173056/page5

I don't believe that we would benefit from using that as a detrender, but will check

Or you can do the detrending your own way.

nevar:
Or you can do the detrending your own way.

We shall keep it in the spirit of the thread name : we shall experiment till we kill it

mladen:

meda

What exact indicator are you referring to?

Mladen,

I mean create STOCH of rsi experiment extended averages - fl 1_1.ex4 . In similar way as Stochastic RSI nmc.mq4. Can you do it, please?

meda

Files:

mladen:
One more experiment - cci experiment using floating levels : cci_simple_experiment_extended_fl.mq4

Dearest MLADEN,

so so much thanks for this CCI experiment fl ver,it is compromising well almost in every situation,i experimented it ...... just needs your expert hands to retouch it for few factors,first mtf not cooperating as seen in picture lowest window,secondly indicator short name needs replaced from rsi to cci and lastly latest possible MAs methods (especially tema) same to last ver of rsi experiment.

regards

Files:
1_4.png  41 kb

meda:

Mladen,

I mean create STOCH of rsi experiment extended averages - fl 1_1.ex4 . In similar way as Stochastic RSI nmc.mq4. Can you do it, please?

meda

Good idea. Working on it

meda:

Mladen,

meda

meda

Here is the first step : stochastic_rsi_experiment_extended_fl.mq4

Reason: