Request for Detrended Price Oscillator (DPO) - page 2

I read Dinapolis book but all the DPOs seem to be totally different. The formula his book states is price - SMA. The one most dpos which are posted seem to be using a displaced moving average in the calculation

Another thing is that when i lower the timeframe the numbers on the DPO become much smaller by an extra 0 in front, so i can never make use of any daily ob/os levels on lower time frames.

Please help.

DPO with Keltners?

Hi- I cross posted this in another forum but have not had any luck yet.

Sorry for another tiresome indicator request, but I'd like to merge a Detrended Price Oscillator with Keltner channels so the ATR measures the DPO swings.It would self-adjust to volatility instead of a fixed range. I can drag/drop Bollinger Bands around the DPO in MT4 but Keltners can't deal with the negative value of the DPO when its below the zero line.Also I think ATR works better than standard deviation in this case.

Here is a pic with Bollingers so you could get an idea of what I'm trying to achieve.

Maybe a brief explanation of how to program an indicator using the output of another would be helpful for the future if you have time.

Thanks in advance,

Taters

Files:
dpo.png  70 kb
dpo2.jpg  262 kb

Taters

Here you go When original calculation for a detrended price oscillator is used it is rather easy to make what you need (since they roughly fall in the same value range and they operate on very similar source values). Here is how it looks with AtrMultiplier set to 2 (AtrPeriod and MaPeriod can be specified separately just for flexibility reasons, I think that the best is to use same atr and ma period as dpo period, but that is just a conclusion from a quick visual inspection)

PS: in this one if you set the ma period to 0 is not causing an error, but in that case you get a chart like this (it is a sort of dpo in a raw atr only channel, without average of dpo used as a basis for channel - it looks interesting too)

Files:
dpo_1.gif  25 kb
dpo_2.gif  26 kb

Mladen

mladen:
Taters

Here you go

When original calculation for a detrended price oscillator is used it is rather easy to make what you need (since they roughly fall in the same value range and they operate on very similar source values). Here is how it looks with AtrMultiplier set to 2 (AtrPeriod and MaPeriod can be specified separately just for flexibility reasons, I think that the best is to use same atr and ma period as dpo period, but that is just a conclusion from a quick visual inspection)

PS: in this one if you set the ma period to 0 is not causing an error, but in that case you get a chart like this (it is a sort of dpo in a raw atr only channel, without average of dpo used as a basis for channel - it looks interesting too)

Very Nice

Thank You

Perfect!

this is just great. Seriously- Thanks a million!

-Taters

Is it possible to fix this indicator so it doesn't repaints the past?

Thanks in advance

Files:
t3_dpo-v3.mq4  3 kb

gorangel

Here you go Some things have to be told : it actually is not a detrended price oscillator (DPO) but left the name of it as is (could not decide what could be a name of t3 smoothed simple moving average ) Also, "detrending" in this indicator is not done at all. But to avoid just the "good" news : it actually does not look bad at all (see the picture bellow)

gorangel:
Is it possible to fix this indicator so it doesn't repaints the past? Thanks in advance
Files:
dpo_4.gif  23 kb
t3_dpo-v4.mq4  4 kb

Thanks!

Mladen :I cannot thank you enough. I hope i can return your kindness some day.

such mladen, I followed you, I saw your other indicators in the forum and really are very good programming, which I do not (I'm learning) I would if I could help schedule an indicator of moving averages Junction 5 (arrows ) with all their respective price mode and mode, + alert, and if possible, with the option of using 4 or 3 of those 5 moving averages (you know invalidate some moving averages) would be very grateful indeed,

here I send what I've done (just did it with 3 moving averages, but sometimes I fail, not painted in some crosses), if you could paint whenever there crosses,

and one more thing if you could add the option of an arrow lying, indicated that moving averages are between crossed but in a disorderly manner (without tendecia), so to see in the graph, arrows, indicating when crossing moving averages (trend alzista or bearish) and an arrow indicating the sideways trend and alerts.

thanks

such mladen,

I followed you, I saw your other indicators in the forum and really are very good programming, which I do not (I'm learning) I would if I could help schedule an indicator of moving averages Junction 5 (arrows ) with all their respective price mode and mode, + alert, and if possible, with the option of using 4 or 3 of those 5 moving averages (you know invalidate some moving averages) would be very grateful indeed,

here I send what I've done (just did it with 3 moving averages, but sometimes I fail, not painted in some crosses), if you could paint whenever there crosses,

and one more thing if you could add the option of an arrow lying, indicated that moving averages are between crossed but in a disorderly manner (without tendecia), so to see in the graph, arrows, indicating when crossing moving averages (trend alzista or bearish) and an arrow indicating the sideways trend and alerts.

thanks

Reason: