Ema Angle Zero - page 5

A slightly better version ....

After posting my last indi, it was brought to my attention that if you resize the window, the angles get seriously altered.

Thus, here is a slightly better version.

Hope it helps

-Al Mo

Files:

Indicator code modification question

emaanglezero.mq4Hi,

Firstly I do hope I have put this question in the correct thread?

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction with some indicator coding help?

I am using an indicator which I got from this forum some time ago which I think it is fantastic. I would contact the person that wrote it but because I am a rookie poster I cannot contact people other than mod's.

I have attached an indicator: EMAAngleZero

I do need to be able to change the moving average types and in particular to be able able to use a Linear weighted moving average.

I would also like to be able to have alerts (both audio and email alerts) added.

Can anyone help?

I am also looking to start working with someone on other indicators/ EA's moving forward and of course would be willing to pay for someone's time.

Regards,

Blazing

Files:

Check the one from this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/177175

blazingreality:
emaanglezero.mq4Hi,

Firstly I do hope I have put this question in the correct thread?

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction with some indicator coding help?

I am using an indicator which I got from this forum some time ago which I think it is fantastic. I would contact the person that wrote it but because I am a rookie poster I cannot contact people other than mod's.

I have attached an indicator: EMAAngleZero

I do need to be able to change the moving average types and in particular to be able able to use a Linear weighted moving average.

I would also like to be able to have alerts (both audio and email alerts) added.

Can anyone help?

I am also looking to start working with someone on other indicators/ EA's moving forward and of course would be willing to pay for someone's time.

Regards,

Blazing

Angle of averages ...

This issue was around for so long time ...

The problem that people overlook when asking to calculate an angle of an average is simple : data on Y axes of a time series chart is different type from the data on X axis. Since they are completely different, the angle can not be calculated from that data ... unless you make them the compatible.

This is one possible solution : this version "coverts" time into "pips" by using average true range as a value of a single time bar and that way unifies the values of X and Y axis. Using the ATR for that is an approximation (there is ni 100% accurate method to do that), but it is not a bad approximation : at least it is not showing results of > 90 degrees

PS: MAType 4 is LSMA in this indicator. The rest is the usual : 0 -> SMA, 1 -> EMA, 2 -> SMMA and 3 -> LWMA

mladen:

The problem that people overlook when asking to calculate an angle of an average is simple : data on Y axes of a time series chart is different type from the data on X axis. Since they are completely different, the angle can not be calculated from that data ... unless you make them the compatible.

This is one possible solution : this version "coverts" time into "pips" by using average true range as a value of a single time bar and that way unifies the values of X and Y axis. Using the ATR for that is an approximation (there is ni 100% accurate method to do that), but it is not a bad approximation : at least it is not showing results of > 90 degrees
PS: MAType 4 is LSMA in this indicator. The rest is the usual : 0 -> SMA, 1 -> EMA, 2 -> SMMA and 3 -> LWMA

Mladen ,

It is written in the code :#define Pi 3.141592653589793238462643 What does it mean?Thanks.

It is simply the value of Pi (this one : Pi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia )

Metatrader returns results of trigonometric calculations in radians (this one : Radian - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ) and Pi value is needed to convert radians to degrees (it is easier to read values of an iindicator in degrees than in radians (at least that is my opinion))

nevar:
Mladen , It is written in the code :#define Pi 3.141592653589793238462643 What does it mean?Thanks.

Angle of Averages

Here is a slightly enhanced version of MLaden's indicator posted a few messages above. His use of the ATR to rectify the time / value problem in other angle indicators, including mine is a tremendous improvement in my opinion.

The enhancement colors the line indicator to represent the same values of the histogram. If you do not want the histogram, set their respective colors to "None" as I have done in Window 1.

Enjoy, MS

Files:

mladen:

Thanks, Master Mladen, I have a suggestion and I don't know if it is possible?! Could you please make "T3-MA Angle of average", maybe it will be a good indicator. If you have time, pls try it! Thanks!

Fire0520

Fire0520

This would be an angle of T3. It has all the usual parameter (including the T3.Original. If it is set to tru, then T3 is calculated the original Timm Tillson way, otherwise it is calculated the Fulks/Matulich way - the usually known as :faster way")

Fire0520:
Thanks, Master Mladen, I have a suggestion and I don't know if it is possible?! Could you please make "T3-MA Angle of average", maybe it will be a good indicator. If you have time, pls try it! Thanks! Fire0520
Files:

mladen:
Fire0520

This would be an angle of T3. It has all the usual parameter (including the T3.Original. If it is set to tru, then T3 is calculated the original Timm Tillson way, otherwise it is calculated the Fulks/Matulich way - the usually known as :faster way")

Thanks, Master Mladen, as to the signals, I think the EMA angle is better than T3 MA angle.

Reason: