Experiments ... - page 25

mladen:

krelian99

Averages in Schaff trend RSX could be used to replace ema in macd calculation. Is that what you had in mind (since in the RSX calculation it would not fit)?

Yes, as you did in Schaff Trend Cycle vhf. There are quiete intereristing combos possible. And double smooth if you can.

KumoBreake:
or is it possible to add option of volume weighting to all averages indicator (or ribbon)?it would be fun to see volume weighted supersmoother
Not all can be done that way (the problem is that you can not have just a volume multiplier, you must have a sum of volumes divisor too). So, only the averages that are looping can be modified to be volume weighted too. Will check which one can, and will get back on this

mladen:

krelian99

Averages in Schaff trend RSX could be used to replace ema in macd calculation. Is that what you had in mind (since in the RSX calculation it would not fit)?

Check check

KumoBreake:
or is it possible to add option of volume weighting to all averages indicator (or ribbon)?it would be fun to see volume weighted supersmoother
Can it be done?

KumoBreake:

holy grail ?! doesn't it look super good ? i used ribbon 2.6 & goertzel . as u can see goertzel is showing 4 strong cycles : 88,78,128,43

given that 128 is close to 43*3 , 88 & 78 are close to 43*2 then dominant period is 43 . so i used this number for ribbon 2.6 as fast period , for the slow period i used 86 ! but interesting part in my opinion is the average method which is VEMA !! for last 3 years i was against using any kinda volume based analysis in forex market but maybe there's something there . huh ... never thought of it .

p.s : keep in mind that goertzel values are changing every candle so it doesnt necessary means u know the right setting for the ribbon before . 

Did you try to use the version with Bartel test?

mladen:

krelian99

3. attempt. Yes, mladen, as Schaff trend cycle vhf and double smooth if you can.

Yes, that's what I meant.

Test

KumoBreake:

KumoBreake

It is not possible to add volume weighting to all the averages types. It depends on the calculation mode

Very strange that all here :)

volume weighted (VW) sounds good.

Reason: