How much should a new trader be risking? - page 2

I think a beginner should learn from the first demo. And try the demo balance in accordance with our plans in a real deposit account. And sebaiknyabmereka also use the funds they are willing to lose

tomosie:
I think a beginner should learn from the first demo. And try the demo balance in accordance with our plans in a real deposit account. And sebaiknyabmereka also use the funds they are willing to lose

I agree. That last part is especially important. Don't invest more than you know will hurt you if you lose it.

bingofx:

At least not wasting time like you working a spam filter here

What some are ashamed of others are proud of. Strange world ...

Greetings,

In my opinion a trader should definitely start with a demo account. From what I have read, it is good to double or triple 2-3 demo trading accounts and the consider Live trading. Once you are moving on Live trading , most people will tell you to not risk more than 2-3 % from your balance. My opinion is start with 1% , get comfortable and have more experience and then try more.

FrancoisT:
Greetings, In my opinion a trader should definitely start with a demo account. From what I have read, it is good to double or triple 2-3 demo trading accounts and the consider Live trading. Once you are moving on Live trading , most people will tell you to not risk more than 2-3 % from your balance. My opinion is start with 1% , get comfortable and have more experience and then try more.

That's really the best approach. Otherwise they will be too worried about the amount of money they're risking to trade with a cool head.

mlawson71:
That's really the best approach. Otherwise they will be too worried about the amount of money they're risking to trade with a cool head.

We should think of investing only less amount of funds for doing our trades. That will make sure that the risks we are trading with are limited

mlawson71:

Greetings,

My point exactly. Thank you for siding with me on this one! The idea is to be secure and comfortable with yourself, if price starts moving not in your favor.

A new trader should start with low equity and should risk only a little percentage of his trading account per trade. If he will risk too much then he can suffer a very bad trading experience by melding with his trades.

FrancoisT:

Greetings,

My point exactly. Thank you for siding with me on this one! The idea is to be secure and comfortable with yourself, if price starts moving not in your favor.

You're welcome. I don't think I'm taking any sides though, I just think that's a common sense approach.

Set up your zone of comfort. Decide early on how much money you are willing to lose - your "loss limit," how much money you want to gain before you sell, and how much risk you are comfortable with. Once you decide those parameters, stick to them. Holding onto a well-performing stock too long can take your profits away quicker than a finger snap, and choosing potentially high-profit (but extremely risky) stocks is not worth it if you are going to be chewing your fingernails off all day over it.This is what my experience is while trading under alpari.com

Trade Forex with Alpari - the "Company of the Year on the Forex Market". ECN trading. Spreads from 0.1 pips. Leverage up to 1:1000. Free analytical tools. Investment products.
Reason: